Thread: Lucky Day!

Feedback Score

Lucky Day!

Man I'm on a streak!

Back in January I walked into a shop and found my dream 1911 Alchemy Prime on the shelf! Unheard of!

Today I went into a store and a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 just landed on the shelf! Counter guy was like: "We don't have a DDM4" then I pointed! It wasn't there when he went to lunch!

SO now I think I may sell my DDM4 V7 10.3" Pistol..... Never quite made friends firing with a brace and was so tempted to flout NFA laws and put a stock on it... Those are still hard to find so maybe a good time....

Anyways...feeling the warm glow of a new AR in the house!

W

Feedback Score
    Dont sell your pistola. Youll regret it.

That being said, buy 2 legit castle nuts and install them and properly stake them. DD cuts soo many corners on that critical area.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post

That being said, buy 2 legit castle nuts and install them and properly stake them. DD cuts soo many corners on that critical area.
    Really?

You probably know more than I as this is only my 3rd AR and have yet to build one. My Colt seemed less staked than this...

Attachment 65632

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This has been my experience with two factory DD MK18s as well. One half-assed stakings on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Really?

You probably know more than I as this is only my 3rd AR and have yet to build one. My Colt seemed less staked than this...

Attachment 65632
    Those stakes are fine. Everyday is a new day in AR builds. You gotta a good one, as far as stakes are concerned.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The staking fettish is so retarded. Bend some damned metal and move on with your life!!!

Now if the Castle nut is inferior material, that's a real concern.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    That’s actually a really good stake, especially from DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Really?

Attachment 65632

Feedback Score
    And the nut looks close enough to the end plate to be suspected of being tight, too.