Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Dinosaur...?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    There is science and there is pop science and I have come to accept that pop science isn't science, it isn't even theory and it barely qualifies as a scientific idea based upon science.

I really got into the BBC Walking with Dinosaurs series, despite the fact that most of it was somewhere between theory and conjecture (because we have almost nothing concrete suggesting dinosaur behavior or social patterns) but it was still pretty decent and I took it in the same "imagine if" ideas that made Cosmos so interesting. Then they came out with Chased by Dinosaurs which was so bad it was appalling. It was like an episode of Crocodile Hunter but with CGI dinosaurs and somehow putting a host that is presented as interacting with dinosaurs was just the worst thing I have ever seen.
    Walking With Dinosaurs was good. Actual effort was invested there. I remember the “Chased by..” spin-offs too. You could tell the same animation team was involved but the finished product was a bit crappier than its predecessor, probably due to less time and budget.
    The really “bad CGI” I’m thinking of would make appearances on trash shows like “Jurassic Fight Club” and various other documentaries that you’d see on cable TV (the models of feathered species were always particularly bad).

Back in the early 90s PBS aired a miniseries called “The Dinosaurs” that used conventional animation for the life restorations and this was much preferable to the phoned-in computer graphics that would come later.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    "Dino Dana" is a good one for the kids where she studies dinosaurs and has experiments to see how they dealt with problems back then. Canadian show that is not too bad. My son loved it. There were earlier shows of "Dino Dan" and later his brother "Treks Adventures" Treks was better than Dan but the kid is a little annoying. Can be found on amazon prime.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456