Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Columbus, Ohio OIS 4/20/21 body cam video

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    So- LEGALLY SPEAKING....what WOULD happen if police refused to go into certain areas...especially in cities that are having hate-the-police riots?
    Is there any kind of law that states they MUST respond? I know SCOTUS years ago ruled that the police arent legally required to protect you, or some such..additional info on that welcomed.
    But, Can they just say NO to calls?
    Legally speaking an officer isn’t responsible for jack until he gets on scene. Aside from maybe a policy; there’s no real time limit to answer a call

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Legally speaking an officer isn’t responsible for jack until he gets on scene. Aside from maybe a policy; there’s no real time limit to answer a call
    Thanks Fly..BUT.. CAN THEY REFUSE TO GO INTO CERTAIN AREAS? Can they, legally, refuse calls into known anti-police hoods?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So- LEGALLY SPEAKING....what WOULD happen if police refused to go into certain areas...especially in cities that are having hate-the-police riots?
    Is there any kind of law that states they MUST respond? I know SCOTUS years ago ruled that the police arent legally required to protect you, or some such..additional info on that welcomed.
    Well "the law" seems to be political and race-based these days. To answer your question you would need to know the races and grievance-matrix ranking of all people involved, and the local and national politics that are relevant at that 5 minute window in time.

As a matter of formal law, the police have no duty to protect any specific individual, but if they outright refused to their jobs they could be fired, and could potentially be prosecuted if their refusal resulted in identifiable harm. That last bit is a stretch but with all the political prosecutions lately I could easily see some Soros-appointed DA going for it when convenient.

But WHY would police REFUSE to go into some area? Just imagine the issues of radio failures, break scheduling, traffic, misunderstood addresses, other issues going on, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a feeling following yesterday's verdict many officers will take, as you said, the scenic route. Arrive after everyone is dead, take a report, go home.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And you know it makes me think it is time for a New Law Enforcement Deal.

Like BG45 alluded to....the good areas pay a voluntary user fee and get Plus Level Law Enforcement. Officers respond faster, officers are proactive, officers investigate further. Those end user fees go toward legal retainer and hold harmless agreements. Like a HOA.

The other areas not under Plus Level get redirected to a 911 Call Tree whereupon they can get a voicemail to leave a detailed message of their complaint and in 2 weeks they can, at their expense, request a copy of the report.

There are no patrols in that area. There are no in person officer responses. Citizens may take their own photos and issue their own warrants and pay all associated court costs.

Feedback Score
    I think legally they can, though obviously by policy they wouldn't be able to. There was a 911 operator a few years ago who repeatedly hung up on emergency calls when she didn't feel like doing her job. She got fired, but I think that was it.

There's some contradicting info on this though; on one hand, the SC decided that police have no constitutional obligation to protect the people; on the other hand, there are laws prohibiting police unions from striking due to public safety concerns, and that seems to indicate that there IS some legal obligation for police to protect the population. The thing is, as I said, the people don't want to be policed, and the government doesn't want to back the police. So, the police should just give them what they want. But, they should also tell the politicians they are on their own: If they want to be defended, they need to get guns like everybody else.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Fly..BUT.. CAN THEY REFUSE TO GO INTO CERTAIN AREAS? Can they, legally, refuse calls into known anti-police hoods?
    Legally yes. It (was before yesterday) a totally asshole thing to do but I have known of Officers simply not respond to the call and dispatch just goes down the line until they get somebody. That would be a violation of policy. Not the law.

You will see a much lower level of police involvement. Like an Officer may answer the call but take a few hours to get there. EMS can request police but they won’t work on anybody until the scene is “secure”. And no police means no EMS means O-Jay’s dying ass might need to be tossed in the back of the Charger and driven to the hospital by his homies.

Or officers will just hang out in areas they are appreciated amd watch Netflix all shift. Or go to a side piece’s house.

I don’t think you all really fathom just how severe that ruling really was. Plus Chicago.

Nobody is coming anymore. Not when it counts.

And before you get on the “Well I got muh AR-15. I can protect my damn self” spiel, know this. Cancel Culture is costing people jobs just for opinions. You shoot an honors student future astronaut over your TV; they will come to your house.

Some GI in I believe South Carolina merely pushed some retarded black guy and told him to “fvck off” because he was following his wife and being a creep and every black person showed up to his yard.

You’re not safe. And this is all part of the plan. And I’m sorry but my hero days died with my 30s. I want to retire. I’m too old to start over.

Change society and we’ll talk. As if is, hey now hey now don’t dream it’s over.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Legally yes. It (was before yesterday) a totally asshole thing to do but I have known of Officers simply not respond to the call and dispatch just goes down the line until they get somebody. That would be a violation of policy. Not the law.

You will see a much lower level of police involvement. Like an Officer may answer the call but take a few hours to get there. EMS can request police but they won’t work on anybody until the scene is “secure”. And no police means no EMS means O-Jay’s dying ass might need to be tossed in the back of the Charger and driven to the hospital by his homies.

Or officers will just hang out in areas they are appreciated amd watch Netflix all shift. Or go to a side piece’s house.

I don’t think you all really fathom just how severe that ruling really was. Plus Chicago.

Nobody is coming anymore. Not when it counts.

And before you get on the “Well I got muh AR-15. I can protect my damn self” spiel, know this. Cancel Culture is costing people jobs just for opinions. You shoot an honors student future astronaut over your TV; they will come to your house.

Some GI in I believe South Carolina merely pushed some retarded black guy and told him to “fvck off” because he was following his wife and being a creep and every black person showed up to his yard.

You’re not safe. And this is all part of the plan. And I’m sorry but my hero days died with my 30s. I want to retire. I’m too old to start over.

Change society and we’ll talk. As if is, hey now hey now don’t dream it’s over.
    Now THATS the answer I was lookin for..thanks Fly. Just a quick fyi- where Ill be when SHTF ...WE WANT THEM TO COME TO OUR HOUSE-COUNTING ON IT.
    God bless & be careful.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    You just set protocol that in areas with certain levels of crime need x resources before responding. That will slow things down. Of course if they cut resources, it will just happen organically.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The My Little Pony Powr Girls Police Squad coulda handled that scene wifout any guns or meanieness. Some hugs and some magic fairy farts is all you need to bring back the luvs.

Da popo onlys acts mean cause dey waycist and like killin lil kids.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast