Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Birding... Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on the Cornell ap! We moved out to the country a couple years ago and never really paid attention to birds until last year. Built some feeders last year. Did a new garden this year to try and get more hummingbirds. It’s actually been neat paying attention to everything that comes by.

Where I’m at the Orioles just started showing up again, they are our favorite.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sure. It’s a pretty good source.

It’s been fun paying attention to all the new birds migrating north. Starting to see a Western Tanager or two making an appearance which is not a for sure thing each year. Check out that bird if you like the orioles.

It’s also been fun playing a particular song from the app and having that species respond. Like bugling for elk!

Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the Cornell ap! We moved out to the country a couple years ago and never really paid attention to birds until last year. Built some feeders last year. Did a new garden this year to try and get more hummingbirds. It’s actually been neat paying attention to everything that comes by.

Where I’m at the Orioles just started showing up again, they are our favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Watching birds is a favorite pass time...kicking back in the garage or out in the yard, firing up the BBQ, drinking a few beers and watch them do their thing. Northern Cardinals are awesome against the snow. Love it when the hawks swoop in and take shit out, it's worth firing up the brush hog just to watch them follow the tractor around. I think “gun guys” appreciate wildlife in general.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My favorite class in College was Ornithology. It wasn't a very popular elective though as they were only 2 of us enrolled for that semester. We went out birding at least 2 times every week.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Birder specifically?...No.

Can appreciate nature without killing something? Absolutely.

Took both of these pictures recently

Heard my first nighthawk (in a dive) of the year the other evening while sipping whiskey. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    My understanding of those of us in the gun culture are typically very much nature and conservation oriented.

I have enjoyed Audubon’s works. Yes I know he killed many of his subjects to paint them, but today we have digital cameras. I have thought about bird watching. I do have a blue jay living near by, and the blue loves to feast off my neighbor’s garden, plus the squirrels. Mockingbirds are everywhere, but that goes with being the state bird. I saw a hawk the other day. I have no clue what type. I only noticed him because of the shadow, which was quite large. I see blue heroins and cranes quite often. Out of all the birds I find hummingbirds to be the most interesting.

Anyway, enjoy your new hobby.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123