Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go explore Moab motorized while you still can.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Go explore Moab motorized while you still can.

This is a shame that they are trying to close 330,000 acres of great scenic views while Jeeping. I don’t have links, but it would basically make the following trails off limits to motorized vehicles.

Gemini Bridges, Rusty Nail, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Golden Crack, Poison Spider, Monitor & Merimac, Seven Mile Rim, Bull Canyon, White Wash Dunes, 10 Mile Canyon, Bartlett, Tusher, Determination Towers, Mashed Potatoes, Secret Spire, Dubinky, 3D, Dead Cow, The Tubes, and all the atv/single-track surrounding the dunes.

The above list of trails was lifted from a Slavens Racing email.

Link: https://eplanning.blm.gov/eplanning-ui/project/2001224/510
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 04-21-21 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are they gonna dump off a bunch of “refugees” and Section 8 there or something?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What are they gonna dump off a bunch of “refugees” and Section 8 there or something?
    Don’t know, but you better spend your 5k on some type of trail buggy and go run through it.

Feedback Score
    Pretty area. Took my wife to "Dogtown" in Kanab back in 2007. She's an animal lover so flew into Vegas, rented a car, and rented a house in Kanab for a few days. She volunteered at Dogtown while I kind of explored around.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Been there, done that !
    Leave it to the Feds to EFF up a good thing , it will kill Moab !
    Maybe that's the idea !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh I always miss out. No leave for a while. I’d rent a jeep or something just to do it.

Bah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Pretty area. Took my wife to "Dogtown" in Kanab back in 2007. She's an animal lover so flew into Vegas, rented a car, and rented a house in Kanab for a few days. She volunteered at Dogtown while I kind of explored around.
    You're talking about the Best Friends animal sanctuary I expect. Never been there but it's popular. I hear they have Airbnb type cabins for rent now with animals included.

I'm a softy for animals, people not so much. I "rescue" all my dogs but tend to dislike the folks that run such things.

I love Moab. Used to jeep there a bit. Not real hardcore but more trail running, beautiful scenery. There is some hardcore stuff but it's either private or not widely identified. Cool place. SUWA and other ecoassholes have been trying to close it down for years.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Oh I always miss out. No leave for a while. I’d rent a jeep or something just to do it.

Bah
    Lots of jeep rentals available there.

The Easter Jeep Safari is way crowded but it's like a right of passage for jeep guys. It's kinda cool to just sit on main street in the afternoon and pretend that it is "normal" to have 60-70% of the traffic to be modified trail rigs.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    You're talking about the Best Friends animal sanctuary I expect. Never been there but it's popular. I hear they have Airbnb type cabins for rent now with animals included.

I'm a softy for animals, people not so much. I "rescue" all my dogs but tend to dislike the folks that run such things.

I love Moab. Used to jeep there a bit. Not real hardcore but more trail running, beautiful scenery. There is some hardcore stuff but it's either private or not widely identified. Cool place. SUWA and other ecoassholes have been trying to close it down for years.
    Yes, that's the actual name of it. We got to "rent" a dog for a night since my wife was helping out there.

I've never been out West except for a summer trip to SoCal back in '82. The striking beauty of the Kanab/Moab area is noteworthy. I was surprised to see an area where you just pull off the road and shoot. Sign said to clean up after yourself but I thought that was kind of expected. Stopped in a little gun/pawn shop in Kanab and shot the breeze with the guy running it for a little while. People were friendly. There was a little restaurant at the edge of Kanab that had an awesome Mexican-style breakfast. All in all a really cool place.

Then on the way back to the airport we stayed one night in Vegas. Never again.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast