Thread: 300BLK Flash Hider

Feedback Score

300BLK Flash Hider

Please forgive me if this is a serious noob question... I am currently building a 10.5 Blackout upper. Looking for a can ready flash hider for what will eventually wear a Surefire can. At 10.5 I don’t need a comp to make it bark any louder than it is already going to. Does the Surefire suppressor ready flash hider do a decent job at actually suppressing flash? At least somewhere in the neighborhood of an A2 birdcage? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=SFW;2944958]Please forgive me if this is a serious noob question... I am currently building a 10.5 Blackout upper. Looking for a can ready flash hider for what will eventually wear a Surefire can. At 10.5 I don’t need a comp to make it bark any louder than it is already going to. Does the Surefire suppressor ready flash hider do a decent job at actually suppressing flash? At least somewhere in the neighborhood of an A2 birdcage? Thanks in advance.

The SF flash hider is a pretty good option, and demonstrated as more suppression then the a1/a2 birdcage. If you have a suppressor on the way go SF, if not the jp flash hider is the same as the B.E. Meyers 249f, so a very good flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are shooting 300BO subs, there is an argument for no can. It isn't going to be nearly as bad as 5.56 options.

To be honest, I think a 10.5" 5.56 is over-rated for most people, and no I don't care about the effective range argument. Dwell time with an 11.5" is a whole lot easier to work with too. These days I'm more inclined to do a ~13.7" length to get the compression way off my face but, a 12.5" length is a bit easier for me to deal with.
    Last edited by Sid Post; 04-25-21 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    If you are shooting 300BO subs, there is an argument for no can. It isn't going to be nearly as bad as 5.56 options.

To be honest, I think a 10.5" 5.56 is over-rated for most people, and no I don't care about the effective range argument. Dwell time with an 11.5" is a whole lot easier to work with too. These days I'm more inclined to do a ~13.7" length to get the compression way off my face but, a 12.5" length is a bit easier for me to deal with.
    For a 5.56 I agree a 12.5" is a grega compromise and what I prefer myself. But 300BLK was specifically deisgned to still have adequate energy with shorter barrels, so I go more toward an 8" barrel with a can for those and still end up with a nicely sized overall package but fully suppressed.

Sorry I'm no help for th flash hider question - I'm a direct thread guy.