Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milling for Glock MOS or aftermarket slide

Feedback Score

Milling for Glock MOS or aftermarket slide

I got a Glock 19 Gen 5 three years ago. I contacted Glock today to see if they do exchanges of non-MOS slides for MOS, which they said they do not. So, I have a few questions:

1) Are there any reputable companies that mill the slides in such a way that it would be like the MOS; that is, able to mount different RDS's with different plates instead being milled to specifically fit only one RDS?

2) Would that void the warranty with Glock?

3) If modifying the slide is ill advised, what are some some of the better aftermarket Glock slides?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Your best bet is the Agency AOS system. It can even be done on an MOS slide.
    I am sure it voids the factory warranty. But who ever uses Glock warranty anymore! I don't see why it would be ill advised unless you ever seen any reason you would have to go back to the factory configuration.

Lets face it, the Glock as become a "Platform" much like the AR15 is. You can buy every single part after market from a lot of companies and mix and match to your hearts content.

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-optic-system-aos-cut
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Your best bet is the Agency AOS system. It can even be done on an MOS slide.
    I am sure it voids the factory warranty. But who ever uses Glock warranty anymore! I don't see why it would be ill advised unless you ever seen any reason you would have to go back to the factory configuration.

Lets face it, the Glock as become a "Platform" much like the AR15 is. You can buy every single part after market from a lot of companies and mix and match to your hearts content.

http://www.agencyarms.com/agency-optic-system-aos-cut
    That is definitely the direction I'm looking at going...
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    That is definitely the direction I'm looking at going...
    Me too. I am considering having my 45 and 19 MOS both done.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I had my 17 done and I am very happy. The idea of being able to change optics as things came out was important to me.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klake575 View Post
    I had my 17 done and I am very happy. The idea of being able to change optics as things came out was important to me.

What was your turnaround time?

Feedback Score
    Mine was I sent mine in February of 2020, so my lead time wouldn't be realistic. I was caught in the shutdown. I will day even given the extended time I was very pleased.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    C&H Precision will mill an MOS cut into your slide. Agency's system is almost certainly better, but I see the potential benefit of having a cut that is the same as what Glock offers.

As far as warranty goes...if the failure is related to the optic cut, you're going to have to talk to whoever did it. If it's anything else, I believe that Glock will take care of you. Most large firearms manufacturers have reasonable support departments in my estimation.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one of Agency slides, it is a good system but it is a boutique shop with limited capacity to do things and support them. It took them 3 months to do mine. They can't switch their plate offerings fast enough with market demand.
    As an example, they have a 509T plate but can't make enough of them so you can only get it with a new slide work order. But you can buy a Viper plate that nobody uses for anything anymore. I would make that a part of my decision process.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I was all set to send my G19 slide to Atei and have it RMR cut, now this thread has me thinking... Damn it M4C... <walks away mumbling to self>
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast