Thread: Help with a Safariland holster order.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Help with a Safariland holster order.

It has been quite a few years since I have ordered a new Safariland holster and could use a little help. I have narrowed it down to a Multicam left-hand 6390RDS-ALS for a G34MOS Gen 5 (at least I think). I need the holster to accommodate my “Roland Special” and other G19s with an X300U. When selecting the gun model, I am given the choice of “34MOS Gen 1-4” and “34MOS Gen 5”. I assume there must be a difference between the two, probably for the ambi-slide stop. All my Glocks are Gen 3, but I can see a Gen 5 in the future and would much prefer one holster to fit both.

So…I am wondering and/or assuming the following, please let me know if I am off:

1. The holsters meant for Gen 5 pistols will work fine with Gen 1-4 but possibly not the other way around.
    2. A holster meant for a RDS will work on pistols without a RDS.
    3. Holsters meant for a G34 will accommodate a G17, G19 and a G19 Roland Special as well as a G34 and G41.

And lastly, where is the best place to purchase a Safariland holster these days without crazy lead times? (I am not a LEO)

Any other info of thoughts are appreciated. TIA for any help.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    1. Correct.
    2. Correct
    3. Generally correct. Might be a little wiggle because there won’t be any barrel plug engagement. The new holsters are modeled to slide length rather than an adjustable barrel plug like they used to do.

Just get your google on and see who has them in stock. They pop on the EE frequently. Everyone is subject to safari land lead times.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just want to chime in on #3.

I purchased a G34 w/ x300u sized 6960 expecting to be able to run my non comped g19 w/ x300u alongside my g34 fine thinking the light will be sufficient length to fill in the extra space. Unless all your g19s are comp’d to a g34 barrel length you will have a substantial amount of vertical movement in the holster. A longer barrel plug is needed to eliminate that vertical play. Unfortunately as far as I know Safariland no longer sells barrel plugs on their own. At this point I may just pick up additional dedicated holsters.

I got my direct from Safariland with ~1.5 month lead time. Since then I have found a verities of holsters available at copquest and optactical.

Hope this helps

Feedback Score
    There used to be a "holster plug kit" with different sizes through holsterops. I would expect it's still available through safariland somehow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks for all info guys. I typically remove the plugs to avoid stacking crap down inside the holster. I decided I could wait 1.5 months but couldn't wait if it when much beyond that as I've got classes coming up I want to take and want some time on the setup prior so I ended up ordering a G19 6390RDS-ALS that I found in stock for $163 shipped to my door arriving tomorrow. I'll order a G34 later, until then my Roland Special can stick with its Phantom rig. Thanks again for the help.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!