Thread: Range finder under $200???

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Range finder under $200???

Before I go all-in on a $400 Vortex range finder, can a decent one be had for less? Say under $200? Urban/suburban areas as well as flat ranges. Up to 1k yards. Would like to keep a decent FOV at longer ranges, but not as important as clear glass at distance. This isn't something I will use very often so I would rather spend the extra money elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Honestly in that price range it probably won't range past a few hundred yards. I don't know about the Vortex but you can find gently used (or even NOS) Leica 1600's for that price and they are excellent. I carry one for bowhunting and have ranged objects well past 1k.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Honestly in that price range it probably won't range past a few hundred yards. I don't know about the Vortex but you can find gently used (or even NOS) Leica 1600's for that price and they are excellent. I carry one for bowhunting and have ranged objects well past 1k.

+1

Every time I take the family down to Arena for a long range weekend I have my son build a range card using first his MKI eyeballs, ACOG and Steiner binocs. After some practice he got relatively good at judging distances this way. After we check them with the LRF.

Under $200. would likely limit you to 400 yards or so. I'm sure some LRF will say they are good to 1,000 yards but it's sometimes hard to get good LRF hits at longer ranges with less expensive units. BTDT unfortunately.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah.. a range finder's manufacturer marked range never really gets there in the real world. Especially as you get cheaper. If you really want to laze 500 yards, buy something rated to 1000. If you need to laze 1000, buy one that gets to 1600, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yea, Vortex has a $200 ranger for 1,000 yards, But only gets that n perfect conditions. As Mark said, closer to 500 to 800 on most days not on a reflective surface.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Another thumbs up on Leica.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That is a good deal and I have heard decent things about the sig kilos. If you can up your budget a bit would be worth it

Feedback Score

Rangefinder under $200

Top-rated models on the market that are all priced at or below $200 and provide a detailed review of each model so you know exactly what features they come with and how they might suit your particular needs, allowing you to confidently purchase the perfect piece of equipment.
    1) AOFAR HX-700N Hunting Range Finder
    -Pin sensor Technology
    -Accurate and Fast Shooting
    -Very light and Portable
    -Easily Identify Target Objects
    -Very Cost-Effective

2) Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder
    -Versatile and Easy to use
    -High-Precision Distance measurement
    -Pin-Seeking and Flagpole-Locking
    -Multi-Coated Optics

3) WOSPORTS Hunting Rangefinder
    -High Accuracy up to 800 Yards
    -3 Mode Range Finder
    -perfect for Hunting, Sporting
    -Ergonomic Design

4) TideWe Hunting Rangefinder
    -Magnification: 6X
    -Distance Measure Range: 3-1000Y
    -Accurate with fast reading
    -IP54 Waterproof
    https://wildhuntinggear.com/best-rangefinder-under-200/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I dropped my ancient Leica 800 from the top of the safe onto concrete. It would not give a reading. I contacted Leica and they said to send it in for evaluation. It was beyond fixing but offered to upgrade me to a 2400 for half price. Yes, please. Will always be a Leica fan.