Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
And I'll add that they need to address the heavy trigger... According to the ARX-160A3 displayed in the recent Garand Thumb video on YouTube, the trigger is actually nice and of course the A3s have a larger improved charging handle as well. Though I don't have issues with the original charging handle on the ARX-100s, it's an improvement that also needs to be included.
The ARX100's FCG has a quirk I've never seen on another trigger: the hammer is in contact with the disconnector when in the cocked position. When you pull the trigger, you are pressing the disconnector, with it's very heavy spring, against the back of the hammer before reaching the point where the hammer lets go.

If you want a lighter trigger, all that's needed is a lighter disconnector spring. I cut about 2-3 coils off of mine the the trigger pull is around 5lbs. You might also be able to accomplish reduced pull weight via reprofiling the hammer and disconnector to reduce the influence of the disconnector spring on trigger movement.