Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 current production

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a shooter, why bother. As a reference piece to own as an example of a wonky Euro rifle design, that’s where the ARX100 shines. In the same category as the PS90 and FS2000.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Wayy, way less wonky than the Fs2000. I put it in the same category as the Scar, Bren 2, etc..
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I found a Turkish review of an Italian-made ARX160, in which they fire a couple of 5-shot groups from a bench.

https://translate.google.com/transla...tta-arx-160a3/

Their example was shooting 4+ MOA with whatever ball ammo they were using. So, it seems like it's not just the US-made examples that have mediocre precision. I'm thinking if you get an example that shoots better than 4 MOA, you should consider yourself lucky.

Some other anecdotes I found: users report attaching a sling to the forward 1913 rails and shooting using a "hasty sling" technique results in significant POI shift. That means the plastic fore end flexes enough that applying uneven pressure from shot to shot when firing from a rest could cause POI changes that could look like really bad mechanical accuracy, if the shooter were unaware of the phenomenon.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-22-21 at 02:32.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have 5x primary arms scope I am going to try out on the ARX and maybe my one of my Arsenal and maybe something else like my Steyr AUG. I am curious to see what kind of groups I get. I think I will shoot some 62 grain since every gun seems to hate that round.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    When this thing was going through development and testing, Beretta must have set some pretty generous tolerances for accuracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Wayy, way less wonky than the Fs2000. I put it in the same category as the Scar, Bren 2, etc..
    Oh come on now. The fs2000 isn’t wonky. It’s special. Seriously though, it’s one of the coolest and most unnecessarily complicated contemporary rifle designs.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I have one that I've yet to get around to shooting. This particular example is "LE" labeled:

Last edited by Slater; 05-22-21 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I have one that I've yet to get around to shooting. This particular example is "LE" labeled:
    That's the same type I had. LE marked that came with 2 of the Beretta steel magazines. My barrel was loose and could be both rotated, moved fore and aft, and had lateral wobble up/down, left/right where it fit to the receiver at both the barrel extension and the gas block ring.

I wish you better luck with yours than I had with mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    That's the same type I had. LE marked that came with 2 of the Beretta steel magazines. My barrel was loose and could be both rotated, moved fore and aft, and had lateral wobble up/down, left/right where it fit to the receiver at both the barrel extension and the gas block ring.

I wish you better luck with yours than I had with mine.
    Yikes. Sounds like you got a lemon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Yikes. Sounds like you got a lemon.
    They actually all have play in the barrel fore and aft and rotationally (at least my three do), but I wouldn't doubt they all have some amount of lateral wobble as well. I think it's just normal to some degree with the way the quick change barrel interfaces with the polymer receiver, and it loosens up and becomes more noticeable with use of course.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast