Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 current production

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    And I'll add that they need to address the heavy trigger... According to the ARX-160A3 displayed in the recent Garand Thumb video on YouTube, the trigger is actually nice and of course the A3s have a larger improved charging handle as well. Though I don't have issues with the original charging handle on the ARX-100s, it's an improvement that also needs to be included.
    The ARX100's FCG has a quirk I've never seen on another trigger: the hammer is in contact with the disconnector when in the cocked position. When you pull the trigger, you are pressing the disconnector, with it's very heavy spring, against the back of the hammer before reaching the point where the hammer lets go.

If you want a lighter trigger, all that's needed is a lighter disconnector spring. I cut about 2-3 coils off of mine the the trigger pull is around 5lbs. You might also be able to accomplish reduced pull weight via reprofiling the hammer and disconnector to reduce the influence of the disconnector spring on trigger movement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The ARX100's FCG has a quirk I've never seen on another trigger: the hammer is in contact with the disconnector when in the cocked position. When you pull the trigger, you are pressing the disconnector, with it's very heavy spring, against the back of the hammer before reaching the point where the hammer lets go.

If you want a lighter trigger, all that's needed is a lighter disconnector spring. I cut about 2-3 coils off of mine the the trigger pull is around 5lbs. You might also be able to accomplish reduced pull weight via reprofiling the hammer and disconnector to reduce the influence of the disconnector spring on trigger movement.
    I have the Shooting Sight trigger in my first ARX (similar to a Geissele SSA), but I've kept my two newer ARXs stock on the triggers. I've always felt uncomfortable about modifications on stock triggers even with ARs, but it's good to see that the factory ARX triggers can be lightened up.

Why Beretta USA felt it necessary to saddle the ARX-100 with a 9 to 12 pound trigger when the real thing has a decent 5 pound-ish trigger is beyond my comprehension.

By the way, my first ARX came with the single stage trigger and my two newer ARXs came with the two stage triggers. Though I think the factory two stage is ever so slightly better than the factory single stage, they're all similarly heavy.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 09-18-21 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    I have the Shooting Sight trigger in my first ARX (similar to a Geissele SSA), but I've kept my two newer ARXs stock on the triggers. I've always felt uncomfortable about modifications on stock triggers even with ARs, but it's good to see that the factory ARX triggers can be lightened up.

Why Beretta USA felt it necessary to saddle the ARX-100 with a 9 to 12 pound trigger when the real thing has a decent 5 pound-ish trigger is beyond my comprehension.

By the way, my first ARX came with the single stage trigger and my two newer ARXs came with the two stage triggers. Though I think the factory two stage is ever so slightly better than the factory single stage, they're all similarly heavy.
    I don't blame you at all for that, especially now that replacement parts have apparently dried up. I was able to purchase a spare disconnector spring back when they were available, so I didn't mind experimenting.

With stock AR-15 triggers there isn't much you can change because it's more about the geometry where the trigger interacts with the hammer. If you look closely next time you fiddle with an AR15, the hammer is pulled rearward as you squeeze the trigger before it's released. A lot like a Glock trigger. That's why you'll notice many really nice aftermarket AR15 FCGs move the interacting surfaces of the hammer and trigger to look more like that on an AK. The designer has more flexibility to reduce the influence of the hammer spring on the weight of the break.

The ARX100 trigger/hammer relationship is different. The geometry is such that the hammer spring hardly has any influence on the break. You can see this for yourself: just reassemble the FCG without the disconnector in place. You'll find that the trigger pull is a pound, maybe less. The fellow who designed the ARX100's FCG designed the trigger pull weight to be regulated by the weight of the disconnector spring, via having the disconnector in contact with the back of the hammer.

I wonder if the triggers on some ARX100s being "two stage" is intentional or a matter of production variation of the parts. My new production ARX100 from this year had the same old one-stage trigger I remember from the first one I bought in 2015.
    Last edited by Aries144; 09-24-21 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I don't blame you at all for that, especially now that replacement parts have apparently dried up. I was able to purchase a spare disconnector spring back when they were available, so I didn't mind experimenting.

With stock AR-15 triggers there isn't much you can change because it's more about the geometry where the trigger interacts with the hammer. If you look closely next time you fiddle with an AR15, the hammer is pulled rearward ever so slightly as you squeeze the trigger before it's released. A lot like a Glock trigger. That's why you'll notice many really nice aftermarket AR15 FCGs move the interacting surfaces of the hammer and trigger to look more like that on an AK. The designer has more flexibility to reduce the influence of the hammer spring on the weight of the break.

The ARX100 trigger/hammer relationship is different. The geometry is such that the hammer spring hardly has any influence on the break. You can see this for yourself: just reassemble the FCG without the disconnector in place. You'll find that the trigger pull is a pound, maybe less. The fellow who designed the ARX100's FCG designed the trigger pull weight to be regulated by the weight of the disconnector spring, via having the disconnector in contact with the back of the hammer.

I wonder if the triggers on some ARX100s being "two stage" is intentional or a matter of production variation of the parts. My new production ARX100 from this year had the same old one-stage trigger I remember from the first one I bought in 2015.
    I'm not sure if they just went and modified something on the factory single stage ARX-100 triggers to turn them into a kind of crappy two stage trigger of if it actually took a newly designed part to do that? I do know that it was more common to see the two stage triggers shipping in the 2018/2019 assembled guns and then after that it was hit or miss on if you'd get the two stage or the single stage trigger.

Oddly, Beretta never really even admitted that ARX-100s ever shipped with two stage triggers and claimed that they never changed the triggers if I recall correctly. Who knows... Maybe the Beretta assembly monkeys messed up assembling something in the single stage triggers somehow and it made them into accidental two stage triggers just out of dumb luck?
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 09-18-21 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if they just went and modified something on the factory single stage ARX-100 triggers to turn them into a kind of crappy two stage trigger of if it actually took a newly designed part to do that? I do know that it was more common to see the two stage triggers shipping in the 2018/2019 assembled guns and then after that it was hit or miss on if you'd get the two stage or the single stage trigger.

Oddly, Beretta never really even admitted that ARX-100s ever shipped with two stage triggers and claimed that they never changed the triggers if I recall correctly. Who knows... Maybe the Beretta assembly monkeys messed up assembling something in the single stage triggers somehow and it made them into accidental two stage triggers just out of dumb luck?
    I don't think it's assembly. It would have to be some part having a different shape or a matter of tolerance stacking.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910