Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 current production

Feedback Score
    When Beretta came out with their 7.62mm version (the ARX-200), they dispensed with the quick-change barrel feature and went to right-hand ejection only. According to a Beretta presentation on Youtube, both these changes were done to increase accuracy over the ARX-100/-160. So there might be something to the accuracy issues being at least partially related to the quick-change barrel.

Presumably, eliminating the left-hand ejection port increased the rigidity of the receiver to a certain extent?
    Last edited by Slater; 04-25-21 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    Like I say in these threads: it's an Italian AKM that fires 5.56 from AR-type mags with high reliability and total ambidextrousnous. (New word!)

Still have mine but I'll probably sell / trade it just because I enjoy firing some other guns more.

I don't care where a rifle throws Russian bullets, or M193, M855, or M80. It's all 4 moa at best ammo.

I never went with more than a RDS on my ARX. I recall 3-4 moa w/Federal 50 gr BT. (Factory) Never fired it over 100 yds iirc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Like I say in these threads: it's an Italian AKM that fires 5.56 from AR-type mags with high reliability and total ambidextrousnous. (New word!)

Still have mine but I'll probably sell / trade it just because I enjoy firing some other guns more.

I don't care where a rifle throws Russian bullets, or M193, M855, or M80. It's all 4 moa at best ammo.

I never went with more than a RDS on my ARX. I recall 3-4 moa w/Federal 50 gr BT. (Factory) Never fired it over 100 yds iirc.
    I found there was a noticeable difference from 2 MOA to 4 MOA, and again from 4 to 6+. At 4 MOA there's effectively no margin for error on realistic targets (equivalent to a partial head/shoulder) at 100+ yards. At 6 MOA, you frequently miss even when you're doing everything right.

All I can think of is what it could have been had they noticed and addressed the accuracy issue during development. "Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more." There's no good reason that rifle couldn't be made to shoot 2 MOA. Switch to US made button rifled/stress relieved barrels and retrofit a barrel attachment method that makes the barrel rigid with the receiver instead of flopping around. It could have been a 2 MOA rifle with all the benefits the ARX offers, minus the goofy quick detach barrel.

Feedback Score
    I have had very good experiences with my Beretta ARX 100. I bought it around Christmas 2016 and it has been problem free and extremely low maintenance. Accuracy on mine has been in the 2.5-3 MOA range if I do my job. I have hit targets out to 300M with the trijicon MRO with little difficulty.

However the accuracy range seems to be a hard wall with the ARX100 and I haven't been able to shoot much under the numbers given no matter what ammo I use. Unlike for example my BCM SOCOM upper AR which may shoot 2 to 2.5 MOA with 55gr ammo but accuracy will hit near MOA if I shoot match ammo and if I do my job.

The best way to conceptually think of the ARX100 is a very lightweight 5.56 AK with good ergonomics and good accuracy using an RDS. It is a great grab and go rifle especially with a lightweight RDS like a Trijicon MRO which is a great match for the rifle. Although the longest range I have shot my ARX is 300M, I really think the rifle is best optimized as a 0-200M rifle equiped with a lightweight RDS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I have had very good experiences with my Beretta ARX 100. I bought it around Christmas 2016 and it has been problem free and extremely low maintenance. Accuracy on mine has been in the 2.5-3 MOA range if I do my job. I have hit targets out to 300M with the trijicon MRO with little difficulty.

However the accuracy range seems to be a hard wall with the ARX100 and I haven't been able to shoot much under the numbers given no matter what ammo I use. Unlike for example my BCM SOCOM upper AR which may shoot 2 to 2.5 MOA with 55gr ammo but accuracy will hit near MOA if I shoot match ammo and if I do my job.

The best way to conceptually think of the ARX100 is a very lightweight 5.56 AK with good ergonomics and good accuracy using an RDS. It is a great grab and go rifle especially with a lightweight RDS like a Trijicon MRO which is a great match for the rifle. Although the longest range I have shot my ARX is 300M, I really think the rifle is best optimized as a 0-200M rifle equiped with a lightweight RDS.
    That's great that you got a good one. I don't think anyone should complain about a 3 MOA rifle with the other features an ARX100 has. The problem is, I got a lemon that couldn't do better than 6 MOA with any ball ammo and Beretta's reaction to my complaint was to pull dirty underhanded tricks to make sure they didn't get it back as a "defective" rifle. It took going to the BBB to get them to take responsibility for it. If Beretta did that to me, they will do it to someone else as well.

What I want any prospective Beretta buyer to know is: You can expect virtually any other 5.56 rifle, including an AK, to dependably shoot at least 4 MOA. According to several reports, when you buy an ARX100 you are rolling the dice as to whether you get a 3 MOA rifle, a 7 MOA rifle, or something in between, with no easy recourse if you're unsatisfied with the result. Who knows if Beretta will continue to respond to even a BBB complaint? Maybe they'll start doubling down on that as well if they get too many complaints?

Would you want to be the one stuck with a $1200-$1600 rifle that shoots 6-7 MOA and trying to sell it to someone else? Are you going to be dishonest and omit that fact or will you be upfront and try to find a buyer who'll buy a 6-7 MOA rifle? How much money are you going to lose going the honest route?
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-03-21 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post

Hmmm, I was considering the MRO... They're affordable enough that I could easily get 3 of them, one for each of my three ARX-100s. But my concern about the MRO was with it's somewhat (comparably) large parallax shift combined with the large accuracy spread of the ARX might not be a good combination. So I've been considering the Aimpoint COMP M5S, but to buy 3 of them would have me out about $3000 dollars when I include getting the mounts I want along with them... It's just a hard pill to swallow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Would you want to be the one stuck with a $1200-$1600 rifle that shoots 6-7 MOA and trying to sell it to someone else? Are you going to be dishonest and omit that fact or will you be upfront and try to find a buyer who'll buy a 6-7 MOA rifle? How much money are you going to lose going the honest route?
    Potentially a lot, but it's better to lose money than integrity.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if Beretta is still making the FDE version?

Feedback Score
    Just sold mine. Didn't need it and wasnt partially more fun / rewarding to fire than other rifles.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I traded my Beretta ARX100 for a LWRCi M6-IC. I think I had a good deal.

I found the sights while moving for the Beretta. I wish I had kept the Troys I had on them but need to have sights for the sale.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast