Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 current production

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I zeroed mine with good old American eagle 55 grain and it was an easy and all day 3 MOA with my Holosun red dot. That is basically regular old AR performance with that ammo and a non-magnified red dot. I would guess the trigger is the real weak spot. It isn't FS2000 bad, but it is definitely FN SCAR/ 80s bad. I think if you aren't used to working with less than stellar triggers you could have trouble wringing decent accuracy out of the gun. That's a shame because the AR70 had a really good trigger and there is no excuse for a commercial gun in this day and age not having a good trigger. Still I have only had one and I am usually pretty lucky but I don't see any evidence of mechanical accuracy issues. I would LOVE one in 7.62x39...it certainly interests me more than the Bren2 or other non AK 7.62x39 options.

IMG_6381 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

This weekend I may do some informal testing. I have a 3x magnifier and will bag it up good and shoot 55gr, 62 grain and good Lord a few precious 77 grain just to see.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    If you can still get spares from Brownells, buy a disconnector spring then clip a coil or two off of the original. The trigger pull will be greatly improved. A great deal of the pull weight comes from the hammer being in contact with the disconnector when cocked, meaning you're pulling against that heavy disconnector spring to break a shot. Night and day difference.

My example was definitely not the trigger. Multiple trips to the range, fired prone using a 4x scope from a rest. Glad you got a good one.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-04-21 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    Mine had the "ShootingSight" brand trigger. It was pretty nice and a huge improvement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Hmmm, I was considering the MRO... They're affordable enough that I could easily get 3 of them, one for each of my three ARX-100s. But my concern about the MRO was with it's somewhat (comparably) large parallax shift combined with the large accuracy spread of the ARX might not be a good combination. So I've been considering the Aimpoint COMP M5S, but to buy 3 of them would have me out about $3000 dollars when I include getting the mounts I want along with them... It's just a hard pill to swallow.

I wouldn't overthink it. I would buy one and test it on your ARX, and if you like it, buy two more. I personally think the Trijicon MRO and Beretta ARX100 is a great combo and the optic really works well and balances well with the rifle. Plus, I purchased my Trijicon MRO for around $350 which is a great deal considering the quality of the optic. That combined with purchasing my ARX100 for $999 which also Beretta was running an offer for 5 free Beretta steel ARX magazines.

Thus for a total of under $1,400 spent, I got a Beretta ARX100 new with a Trijicon MRO and a total of 7 magazines. You can't beat that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I wouldn't overthink it. I would buy one and test it on your ARX, and if you like it, buy two more. I personally think the Trijicon MRO and Beretta ARX100 is a great combo and the optic really works well and balances well with the rifle. Plus, I purchased my Trijicon MRO for around $350 which is a great deal considering the quality of the optic. That combined with purchasing my ARX100 for $999 which also Beretta was running an offer for 5 free Beretta steel ARX magazines.

Thus for a total of under $1,400 spent, I got a Beretta ARX100 new with a Trijicon MRO and a total of 7 magazines. You can't beat that.
    I was seriously tempted to go with the MRO, but I sighted in an AR for my brother that has an MRO (green dot) just yesterday, and the amount of parallax at 50 yards was ridiculous... Once I noticed it I had to concentrate way to hard to try and keep the dot right in the center of the lens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I was seriously tempted to go with the MRO, but I sighted in an AR for my brother that has an MRO (green dot) just yesterday, and the amount of parallax at 50 yards was ridiculous... Once I noticed it I had to concentrate way to hard to try and keep the dot right in the center of the lens.
    Not to be argumentative but what causes that? I have no problems with it. Is parallax the function of the glass, eyesight, where the scope is mounted, or a combination of all three.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    Not to be argumentative but what causes that? I have no problems with it. Is parallax the function of the glass, eyesight, where the scope is mounted, or a combination of all three.
    I think it's a combination of things having to do with the optic itself, I believe Molon did a test recently comparing the parallax of the Trijicon MRO to the Aimpoint M5 and the MRO did terrible in his test as well.

I was very surprised with my own experience on Wednesday, if I moved my head position just a very little bit to cause the dot to not be centered in the lens the dot would stray off of my original point of aim by over a foot at 50 yards.

Here's Molon's post. > https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Ob...MRO/18-761668/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone have experience with the Beretta Storm CX4 Carbine?

Feedback Score
    I have one which has been 100% reliable. It's good if you already have Beretta 92 or PX4 magazines. You can set it up to use either, but not both at the same time. You can't use other magazines. There's no folding stock available, so that's a minus. I'd definitely say it's more of a small rifle size than a PPC size.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have one which has been 100% reliable. It's good if you already have Beretta 92 or PX4 magazines. You can set it up to use either, but not both at the same time. You can't use other magazines. There's no folding stock available, so that's a minus. I'd definitely say it's more of a small rifle size than a PPC size.
    Mine was also 100%.

Hated the sight towers, grew to dislike the stock. Wasn't as accurate as I hoped for. (6 inch groups at 50 yds with RDS, more than twice that by 100)

Recoil was similar to that of an AR 9mm. Enough to slow up rapid-fire. And +p+ felt abusive. (To the rifle)

If they changed the stock, cut the sight towers, and threaded the muzzle I'd want one again. But people have been asking for this since they came out probably over 20 years ago.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast