Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100 current production

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh my. Have you tried class III machining in Texas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Jesus...

Aries, you have terrible luck, but I don't think I've ever heard of a single case of someone having a local gunsmith work on a gun that's ever not turned out to be a complete disaster.
    Well that's comforting. At least it appears to be common.

I just don't know how you screw something up that bad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Well that's comforting. At least it appears to be common.

I just don't know how you screw something up that bad.
    Seriously, you might as well SBR it at this point... But either wait for ADCO or see if John Thomas from Retro Arms Works will do it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mother of mercy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Gave my ARX' barrel to a local gunsmith to have it recrowned. He decided to do an 11* crown. This is how it looks now.

The barrel face is not perpendicular to the bore, the crown still has a big dip in it, and now the barrel OAL is 16 1/16".

Also, ADCO isn't taking work right now because their head machinist just died.

Is this enough to qualify for an SME (Shit Magnet Extraordinaire) tag?

Maybe I can turn this into something... Could this be segued into some kind of protection racket where I threaten to buy things from people and review them if they don't pay me a monthly fee?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Shot my Beretta ARX100 last friday. Reconfirmed zero and did some drills and was able to shoot multiple 1 1/2" groups at 50M with an unmagnified Trijicon MRO. Used standard 55gr XM193 ammo. Again confirming my Beretta can shoot at least 3MOA with normal bulk ammo.

I know some people dislike them but I really like my rifle considering my total out the door price was $1024 for the Beretta ARX100 with a total of 7 magazines. Plus I purchased the MRO for $350 so total I'm out the door for under $1400 for a modern gas piston rifle with a good optic. You can't beat that.

Feedback Score
    I just removed the "picatinny locator pins" on my 2 newer ARXs that had them installed from the factory... I feel better about them already!

Yes, I can flex the rear end of the rail now, but it returns back after you let the pressure off of it unlike when the roll pin is installed. Do I expect to see my accuracy improve? I doubt it, especially with the stash of ammo I have (M855), but removing that retarded pin from a place where it doesn't belong certainly can't hurt.

I have new 2 new replacement pins as back up (unfortunately missed my chance at getting a 3rd) just in case, but I doubt I'll ever need to install them.

Other modifications I made include removing the A2 flash suppressors and replacing them with A1 flash suppressors along with JP Enterprises double crush washers, which are a better solution for barrels with relief cut threads (like on the ARX) as they actually stay centered to the barrel and muzzle device... Unlike standard crush washers (and shims) when used on barrels with relief cut threads.

I chose A1 flash suppressors because I didn't think the compensating effect of the A2 was a great fit for the QD ARX barrel which might be thrown off a bit shot to shot because of the jarring effect of the compensation. I'd rather have a more even dispersion of the gasses at the muzzle with the somewhat "loose and floaty" nature of the ARX's QD barrel retention system. I originally wanted to go with the Smith Vortex G6A4 (my personal favorite) which would be an even worse combination because it imparts a twist to the barrel with each shot. I also believed that the Vortex (through use over time) might damage the polymer barrel extension alignment tabs of the ARX's receiver.

Yes, I've overthought this and it's probably a lot of worrying about nothing.

BUIS? I'm still undecided on what route to go there... I have the factory ones on them for now just because I was tired of them kicking around in my ARX parts box, but they'll come off when I finally get an optic that's a good fit with the limitations of the ARX's design... Likely an Aimpoint T2 or M5.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 08-27-21 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    Shot my Beretta ARX100 last friday. Reconfirmed zero and did some drills and was able to shoot multiple 1 1/2" groups at 50M with an unmagnified Trijicon MRO. Used standard 55gr XM193 ammo. Again confirming my Beretta can shoot at least 3MOA with normal bulk ammo.

I know some people dislike them but I really like my rifle considering my total out the door price was $1024 for the Beretta ARX100 with a total of 7 magazines. Plus I purchased the MRO for $350 so total I'm out the door for under $1400 for a modern gas piston rifle with a good optic. You can't beat that.
    I'm glad you're having good luck with that combination. I think I'll start adding some M193 into my stash to see if the ARX's prefer it to the M855.

I won't be getting an MRO any time soon though due to it seeming like it would be a disaster of a combination with the ARX's large group sizes and the MRO's extreme parallax.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 08-24-21 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    All the replacement parts for the ARX at Brownells have pretty much all been discontinued at this point... So I'm not sure what that indicates, but it doesn't seem good.

All they had left when I looked today were firing pins, firing pin springs and rail screws.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    All the replacement parts for the ARX at Brownells have pretty much all been discontinued at this point... So I'm not sure what that indicates, but it doesn't seem good.

All they had left when I looked today were firing pins, firing pin springs and rail screws.

Hopefully, it is a short term problem due to Beretta's move to TN and the crazy market with firearms due to COVID and the election. I really like the ARX platform and I do believe the ARX has alot to offer if Beretta would get its act together and actually market the rifle effectively and fix a few minor issues. These are the following:

Fix the accuracy QC issues. Although the Beretta is a solid 2-3 MOA rifle with typical service ammunition, just like the AR platform, there appears to be some QC/QA problems on some rifles.

Actually release the interchangable barrel options which Beretta promised and have better parts availability

Price it to sell. At $1000 which I purchased mine at, the Beretta is an excellent rifle and I'm extremely happy with my purchase (I bought mine on a whim). However, I would not pay the $1900 dollar MSRP for the rifle or even $1600-$1700 which they often sell for. Although the Beretta is more affordable than some of its competitors like the SCAR16, IMO none of the modern European 5.56 rifles are worth the $2K plus pricetags.
    Last edited by crusader377; 09-17-21 at 12:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    Hopefully, it is a short term problem due to Beretta's move to TN and the crazy market with firearms due to COVID and the election. I really like the ARX platform and I do believe the ARX has alot to offer if Beretta would get its act together and actually market the rifle effectively and fix a few minor issues. These are the following:

Fix the accuracy QC issues. Although the Beretta is a solid 2-3 MOA rifle with typical service ammunition, just like the AR platform, there appears to be some QC/QA problems on some rifles.

Actually release the interchangable barrel options which Beretta promised and have better parts availability

Price it to sell. At $1000 which I purchased mine at, the Beretta is an excellent rifle and I'm extremely happy with my purchase (I bought mine on a whim). However, I would not pay the $1900 dollar MSRP for the rifle or even $1600-$1700 which they often sell for. Although the Beretta is more affordable than some of its competitors like the SCAR16, IMO none of the modern European 5.56 rifles are worth the $2K plus pricetags.
    And I'll add that they need to address the heavy trigger... According to the ARX-160A3 displayed in the recent Garand Thumb video on YouTube, the trigger is actually nice and of course the A3s have a larger improved charging handle as well. Though I don't have issues with the original charging handle on the ARX-100s, it's an improvement that also needs to be included.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast