Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm down to my last 1911

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^Well said and much truth.
    Don’t be surprised if at a point down the road you re-establish a relationship with the old stuff. The steel stuff.
    It happens.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
    And that may happen, but honestly, not sure I see the value in some of these $3000, $4000, $5000 1911s being sold by boutique brands. If I do get another 1911, it will probably be in 9mm (now that my first was .45 ACP) and something $1000 or less.

I honestly like the cheapo parkerized GI model. 🙂
    I'm good with a Springfield Defender as a decent baseline...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
    If I do get another 1911, it will probably be in 9mm (now that my first was .45 ACP) and something $1000 or less.

I honestly like the cheapo parkerized GI model. 🙂
    My impulse buy SA 9mm Range Officer is probably the best return on a firearms investment I have ever made. I got a screamin' deal on it, the glitches were few and fixed easily right at home after doing some research, a Simply Rugged holster for it didn't break the bank, and ammo is - well, WAS - cheap. It shoots better than it has a right to, is soft on the old paws, and it has a sort of retro ambience that seems to give people at the range the warm fuzzies (it has to be the gun, because it sure isn't me... hell, I scare myself every morning when I look in the mirror).

YMMV, but I find them almost therapeutic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I'm good with a Springfield Defender as a decent baseline...
    I bought my second 1911, a stainless Ruger SR1911 full size. Was $300 more than the Springfield DYL Mil Spec.

Haven’t shot the Ruger yet, so will wait to pass judgement, but out of the box the more expensive pistol doesn’t seem to be as well built.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecat View Post
    My impulse buy SA 9mm Range Officer is probably the best return on a firearms investment I have ever made. I got a screamin' deal on it, the glitches were few and fixed easily right at home after doing some research, a Simply Rugged holster for it didn't break the bank, and ammo is - well, WAS - cheap. It shoots better than it has a right to, is soft on the old paws, and it has a sort of retro ambience that seems to give people at the range the warm fuzzies (it has to be the gun, because it sure isn't me... hell, I scare myself every morning when I look in the mirror).

YMMV, but I find them almost therapeutic.
    I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for my Colt super auto and once I dialed in the recoil spring it's been as reliable as any other pistol I own.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345