Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm down to my last 1911

Feedback Score
    Been down this road too. 1911's for Glock 32s and then dumped those for Glock 19s. Not sure how many 9mm Glocks I have but it's a lot. I've recently gone with this the staccato c2 and it really does give me the best of the 1911 and the best of the Glock 19 in one platform. Albeit at it four times with a Glock 19 costs.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Traded both of my Factory Ruger 1911’s for HK45c’s.

Traded my custom for another LWRCi rifle because I never shoot it.

Then traded one of my G43x’s for a 1911 Kimber ultra in 45acp and a spare Glock 19 (had 9) for a Kimber ultra 9mm.

Feedback Score
    I too must be regressing in my old age. Carried a 5" Colt 1911 for 25 years. (off duty) Made the switch to M&P's for a few more years but recently have gone back to bigger, full sized guns.
    These days you'll find me with either a Beretta compact or my DW 1911 in 38 Super. Capacity for the DW is 10+1 & I carry 3 more 10's. I can reload them very fast so I don't feel under gunned with it at all.

Feedback Score
    I am kind of in the same boat, carried a 1911 or Hi Power for years. I got rid of my 1911's decades ago. When I moved back to the USA I got 2 custom built Hi Powers and a clone as well.

Today I carry one gun 99% of the time a Cajun CZ P07 Roland Special and the 1% of the time the other pistol is a Glock 26.

Just the other day thought about selling the Hi Powers, but couldn't do it they have emotional issues or maybe I do.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Possible 1911 resurgence IF 10 round mag caps go national???? Sure - lots of stashed hi-caps at home, but what about CCW - that could get a little dicey? Just wondering:)

geezerjohn - who currently carries plastic:)
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Possible 1911 resurgence IF 10 round mag caps go national???? Sure - lots of stashed hi-caps at home, but what about CCW - that could get a little dicey? Just wondering

geezerjohn - who currently carries plastic
    That's exactly what happened during the 1994 ban.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Yep I'll be carrying a 10 mm 1911 and an ,8 shot 357 wheel gun. I wouldn't like it but I'd make it work.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've always had one 1911........4 different times!

Back in like 05 I bought a P.O.S used ParaOrd warthog. It had already had a slide replacement (should have been a clue). When I got it home I realized the only way to clear the chamber is to shoot it or take it apart carefully until the round came out. It spent like 4 months at Para before being sent back fixed. Sold it.

Next, around 07 i bought a Citadel full size. You know, one of those Philippine manufacturers. It was used and something like $300. Wasn't bad except the rear sight would walk out as you shoot. (Picture a typewriter head moving as you type!!) Traded for something

Around 09 I bought a Norinco 1911. It was dirt cheap at the time. Had a WC ambi safety installed. I eventually traded it towards a S&W 1026 but I kinda regret it That gun had a terrible trigger but as just a basic, traditional, old school 1911 without the lowered and flared magwell or any enhancements (aside from the Ambi safety) to bring it into the 2000s it was reliable, accurate and fed everything. I never cleaned it, took it to the mountains camping where it would get covered in coal dust, sweat and rain. +P ammo, hp ammo....it didn't matter. Never even showed signs of slowing down.

Anyway around 2014 I decided again I should have a 1911 but like a one and done deal. Something I wouldn't have to take the the gunsmith to add parts to. It took a while but my LGS had gotten a none railed, night sights, ambi safety, none messed with two tone TRP on trade. It was in decent shape and back then they were asking $650 for it! I still have it to this day. Great gun! Great quality for the money and my intended use

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Attachment 65683

Feedback Score
    I carried a NHC 1911 for about 10 years as a LEO before I retired, still carry it once and awhile. But like many in this thread, my EDC is a M&P 9mm with red dot . I still think no other gun feels better in the hand than ol' slab sides though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I've always had one 1911........4 different times!

Back in like 05 I bought a P.O.S used ParaOrd warthog. It had already had a slide replacement (should have been a clue). When I got it home I realized the only way to clear the chamber is to shoot it or take it apart carefully until the round came out. It spent like 4 months at Para before being sent back fixed. Sold it.

Next, around 07 i bought a Citadel full size. You know, one of those Philippine manufacturers. It was used and something like $300. Wasn't bad except the rear sight would walk out as you shoot. (Picture a typewriter head moving as you type!!) Traded for something

Around 09 I bought a Norinco 1911. It was dirt cheap at the time. Had a WC ambi safety installed. I eventually traded it towards a S&W 1026 but I kinda regret it That gun had a terrible trigger but as just a basic, traditional, old school 1911 without the lowered and flared magwell or any enhancements (aside from the Ambi safety) to bring it into the 2000s it was reliable, accurate and fed everything. I never cleaned it, took it to the mountains camping where it would get covered in coal dust, sweat and rain. +P ammo, hp ammo....it didn't matter. Never even showed signs of slowing down.

Anyway around 2014 I decided again I should have a 1911 but like a one and done deal. Something I wouldn't have to take the the gunsmith to add parts to. It took a while but my LGS had gotten a none railed, night sights, ambi safety, none messed with two tone TRP on trade. It was in decent shape and back then they were asking $650 for it! I still have it to this day. Great gun! Great quality for the money and my intended use

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Attachment 65683
    Maybe it's a interwebz legend but those Norinco's were supposed to have been made of especially hard steel. Anybody know for certain?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast