Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm down to my last 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Maybe it's a interwebz legend but those Norinco's were supposed to have been made of especially hard steel. Anybody know for certain?
    I've heard the same, made from salvaged RR track, other such stories. Never could nail down if it was true or not.

Experience with my Norinco mirrors Arik's. Mine is near stock other than Kings cleaned up the trigger, parkerized it & put 3 dots on it.

Other than that it's stock and anvil reliable, to the point where it would still run with a broken link pin or a broken take down lever. Either time those happened I noticed ejection was 'off' took it apart to check things and......."oh my, that's not good"
    yet the damn thing was still working.

It did take about 25+ years of shooting to I guess fatigue those to the failure point.

Other than that it's anvil reliable probably owing to it's built to original 1911 specs, not modified or 'tuned' or anything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Maybe it's a interwebz legend but those Norinco's were supposed to have been made of especially hard steel. Anybody know for certain?
    No idea. All I can say is, like every other country, China can build good quality when it's warranted. Their AKs were good. Maybe back then there was no difference to them. Made on one assembly line from the same materials. Some stuff goes to military and some to civilian exports.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don’t feel bad. I am with the same two 1911s I’ve had for nigh 20 years. A Kimber and a Delta Elite. I still want a Dan Wesson and a 2011 for fun, but I still don’t feel any sense of urgency to have them

Feedback Score
    Down to 2 and thinking of getting rid of EdBrown,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Don’t feel bad. I am with the same two 1911s I’ve had for nigh 20 years. A Kimber and a Delta Elite. I still want a Dan Wesson and a 2011 for fun, but I still don’t feel any sense of urgency to have them
    Dan Wesson gives a sweet LE deal.....you just have to wait a few months or more...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a Colt XSE Lightweight Commander, kind of a grail gun for me. I put thin aluminum grips on it along with a couple of other mods. I really don't shoot it enough.

I would like to own a fullsize Government model again, but I am just not in a huge rush to get one.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I regret selling the last 1911 I had. I can say now that I shot it more accurately than anything I currently own. There in lies the burn of that mistake.

Feedback Score
    I got on another 1911 kick a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In the last year I've dropped a lot of dollars in 1911's. I had the same TRP. You need a LB Operator to go with them! FWIW the LBO is my favorite S/A along with the Pro.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    >>Maybe it's a interwebz legend but those Norinco's were supposed to have been made of especially hard steel. Anybody know for certain?<<

A few decades back, I was into Shinkendo and needed a strong, high-quality sword for test cutting (tamishigiri).
    The very nice Chinese katana I purchased and used was said to also originate from recycled train rails. It certainly was a cutter!!!!! Held an edge a long time:)

geezerjohn
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast