Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tough Times Ahead, Media Silent...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tough Times Ahead, Media Silent...

Below is a post written by buddy of mine, owner of NutraBio, who is producing my product (1). He and I have been discussing this topic recently, he posed that on his FB page:

"Yesterday I received a quote for creatine mono. The cost was 3.3 times higher than back in March. Not only that, delivery wasn’t available until late July. The top mineral manufacture has an empty warehouse and currently is unable to ship any product. The story is similar with just about every raw ingredient, packaging component, machine part and so in. The supply chain continues to worsen, not just in the dietary supplement industry but in all industries. New forklifts are 39 weeks out. The company that was contracted to fit out my new warehouse could not provide pallet racking and pulled out of the deal. I went to buy a bicycle for the summer. Not a bike in the store, Specialized brand bikes were being quoted at 12 months out. A friend who owns a body shop, has customer’s cars sitting in his lot for 4 months because of a shortage of parts. Another friend with a large fastener company usually receives 40 containers in a month, now only 2-3. Every business owner I speak with tells me the same story. I find it strange that I rarely see any of this mentioned in the news and I can’t understand why. It is so widespread you would think it would make daily headlines, but the media barely whispers it. If the supply chain doesn’t correct itself soon, our economy is in for rocky times."

My thoughts/response;

"The effects of this last year are now really starting to manifest themselves in supply side issues prices going up and availability going down. Media is too busy trying to foment and maintain racial tensions and such to care about what's actually happening. Here I am just launching a new product and project, and stressing about availability and costs of raws for it. ��"

What are you all seeing/experiencing?

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Proof-Coffee)
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-24-21 at 10:51.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I work for a large truck manufacturer. You can’t build emissions compliant vehicles without semiconductor sensors and you can’t fix broken trucks without semiconductor sensors that fail. I do the grocery shopping in the house and week to week, we encounter bare shelf space (in a major metropolitan area) that is so random. I stock up on what I can now because with my daughters special diet I may not have food for her the next week if I don’t plan and prep/freeze ahead.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    We're seeing a continuation of excessive raw material lead times, shipping costs continue to rise, and trailers are still hard to get at times. Production demand is at a point where we build and ship. Warehouses and inventory levels are low.

My company has instituted a surcharge on all new orders to help off-set the costs. Our competition are instituting 6~20% price increases on top of the end of 2020 increases.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    I work for one of the big LTL's and this is a common theme across many sectors. Seems odd because our business levels have remained steady and even increased throughout this madness.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My camper got hit by another vehicle last summer, it's been at the dealer for a year now waiting for parts with no end in sight.....

My father in law owns a big drywall business, usually doing full house builds. He said they only do patch jobs with the sheets they have on hand now because sheets are too expensive and often hard to get in bulk.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    This is something I’ve been worried about and have also wondered why the media hasn’t mentioned it. Our supply chains are crumbling, along with our social unrest. Tough times ahead.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    My son-in-law works at the GM Spring Hill plant. They recently announced a two-week shutdown because of chip supply but began production a week early. They also planned to shut down the Blazer plant in Mexico for the same reason but didn't as supply increased.

Doom and gloom sells but it rarely is an accurate predictor. We'll see.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Everyone thought, "It's just two weeks of Isolation and then we will get right back up and going, not a big deal."
    Well, it was and it is and nothing will return to normal for about two years. That's what happens when you shut down an economy. Not everyone is able ready and willing to start back up at the same time. Nor will they have what you need for quite some time.

And you don't think they didn't know this when it all started?
    You got duped.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Everyone thought, "It's just two weeks of Isolation and then we will get right back up and going, not a big deal."
    Well, it was and it is and nothing will return to normal for about two years. That's what happens when you shut down an economy. Not everyone is able ready and willing to start back up at the same time. Nor will they have what you need for quite some time.

And you don't think they didn't know this when it all started?
    You got duped.
    Had the orange guy been re elected it would be 24/7 news cycle doom and gloom to make sure it happened. As is, legacy media probably been told "asked" by the Biden admin not to focus on it while making so much progress in fomenting civil unrest.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All part of the plan.

Never waste a crisis. I mean it will be ten years on, you will still be wearing your face burqas, you’ll need papers to travel, you will be taxed mercilessly, you’ll live next to the ghetto regardless of your wealth and means, and you won’t get back the basic freedoms you once took for granted once Big Tech controls and memory-holes everything not printed out or on hard copy.

This is why I keep analog stuff and sterilized Linux machines and Raspberry Pi. An Amiga if you were really ahead of the curve (frickin’ Apocalypse proof OS they had.)

I hope you guys been digging your Charlie Tunnels. You have been digging your Charlie Tunnels the past 12 years, yes?

They laughed at my Tig banks, First Editions, and VHS Collection.....

Also hope you have renewable food sources

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast