Thread: Walther P38 AC44

Feedback Score

Walther P38 AC44

While picking up a beautiful Ithaca 1911 A1 at the LGS, I asked them abt a WWII P38 I saw in their catalogue

https://www.lagardere.ch/images/fich...ogue202012.pdf

Turns out they had 4

I picked up the one made by Walther for $ 985.-

The German trio with the 1936 Mauser made Luger and the 1944 FN GP35

Then I remembered I also have a 1939 Walther PPK, I think it fits in the group

So I had to shoot them at a little themed range day

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wow, that is a nice collection!
    "Adrenaline + tunnel vision + a little disbelief = that John Wayne moment" - Firefly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a P1 that was made 3 months before I was!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My P1 was made on my month and year of birth.

Happy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I always enjoy when you post threads like this one. You have very good taste in firearms and some unique examples.

Feedback Score
    Your collection makes my mouth water . I have a wartime P38 , marked as cyo if memory serves ( I`m out of town now ) and all serial numbers match . Gun appears to be all original , but not in as good a condition as yours ...... machining marks on slide etc . Finish is pretty worn . I still shoot it occasionally and it shoots low and to the left . Also have what appears to be the original holster and magazine . It has all the correct markings and the guy I got it from got it from his Father who brought it back from WWII .
    Would you believe I got it for $15 ??? Just out of the service and my freshman year at college and a guy came down the hall wanting to sell two guns . One was a Luger and the other was the P38 . I had the money for the P38 , but not the Luger .
    Way back then in the early 60`s , no one thought twice about a guy walking through the dorm trying to sell two guns . Seems he had a sure thing date that night and needed the money . I hope it was worth it .