Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with KE arms polymer lower.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Experiences with KE arms polymer lower.

I was wondering if anyone here had any long term experience with one?

I bought one to add to my collection. So far it seems like a good choice for those wanting to build a lighter rifle. My 11 year old can now shoot a full size 5.56 AR standing without straining or tiring out his arms or upper body. It balances well with my 6921 upper and my free floated 14.5 with LPVO

I’ve yet to shoot it but it seems like a good choice for those who have limited upper body strength.

So far the only thing that I want to do is to switch to a 45 degree safety. For some reason manipulating the 90 degree selector feels awkward. All my other aluminum lowers run GI selectors. This is the only one that feels strange in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I don't have any experience but Ian over at Forgotten Weapons did a video on the history of that type of lowers you might find interesting.
    https://www.forgottenweapons.com/his...lt-to-ke-arms/

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here had any long term experience with one?

There is no long term experience with one. They are made different than previous polymer lowers, so there really isn't a way to establish long term reviews without a bias towards previous polymer lowers. We know factually that polymer receivers can be functional, as Glock has proven that with the modern pistol the majority of LE carries. We also know that the largest failure point with a poly lower receiver that doesn't include the stock lacks strength in the receiver extension / buffer tube area. We know this based on them breaking at the threads.

The complete lower assembly makes for a platform which can be reinforced.

For whatever its worth, I have two, and both are holding up well.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks Stick!
    I remember you posted some pics of the KE arms lower and I was hoping you would chime in.
    I think it might be one of my favorite lowers because of how well the majority of my uppers seem to handle better with a lighter polymer lower. I’m glad to hear you haven’t experienced any issues so far. It reinforced my belief that it has few downsides if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We're picking up a couple to try out.

By all accounts, they seem to have finally "cracked the nut" and figured out how to do a polymer lower correctly.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We're picking up a couple to try out.

By all accounts, they seem to have finally "cracked the nut" and figured out how to do a polymer lower correctly.

Supposed to be basically an improved Cav-15.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Supposed to be basically an improved Cav-15.

Totally new creation in just about every aspect, I think the only way they could have made it "different" would have been to make it take different pistol grips. However, I think that would have reduced the solidity of the overall lower. I will happily point out that is just a guess on my part based on ownership and handling it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Totally new creation in just about every aspect, I think the only way they could have made it "different" would have been to make it take different pistol grips. However, I think that would have reduced the solidity of the overall lower. I will happily point out that is just a guess on my part based on ownership and handling it.
    I remember hearing that the pistol grip area on these things does play a role in the overall structural integrity. I wonder if you could get away with a design that retains the integral grip area for structural reasons but incorporating the ability to use swappable back and side panels like a VP9 or something.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I went on a hunt for a GWACS lower a couple years ago, unsuccessfully.
    This is intriguing, though having a more vertical grip angle seems like it would have been an easy and welcome adjustment for modern shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There is no long term experience with one. They are made different than previous polymer lowers, so there really isn't a way to establish long term reviews without a bias towards previous polymer lowers. We know factually that polymer receivers can be functional, as Glock has proven that with the modern pistol the majority of LE carries. We also know that the largest failure point with a poly lower receiver that doesn't include the stock lacks strength in the receiver extension / buffer tube area. We know this based on them breaking at the threads.

The complete lower assembly makes for a platform which can be reinforced.

For whatever its worth, I have two, and both are holding up well.

actually there is. Its the same design as Cav Arms and Russell Phagen worked for cav for years and now works at KE. Theyve got vids on these from years ago. Its by far the only decent polymer lower on the market.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast