Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Kit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    ACLS is overkill unless you are a paramedic or work in a hospital. ATLS is a physician/mid-level-only course (non-providers can audit it), and essentially little value to out-of-hospital medical care. First responder or even basic first aid with Stop The Bleed is the sweet spot, good for everyone. Unless one is on a tac team, tac med does not offer any advantages that Stop The Bleed won't cover.

I am all for training, training, and more training, but just like gear and guns, mission drives the training and the gear: what is the purpose, and what can I (legally) do? (relative to the cert/license/training)
    As a semi retired physician, who used to work with various allied health providers, and unaware of his background, I merely provided various suggestions :-)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    ACLS is overkill unless you are a paramedic or work in a hospital. ATLS is a physician/mid-level-only course (non-providers can audit it), and essentially little value to out-of-hospital medical care. First responder or even basic first aid with Stop The Bleed is the sweet spot, good for everyone. Unless one is on a tac team, tac med does not offer any advantages that Stop The Bleed won't cover.

I am all for training, training, and more training, but just like gear and guns, mission drives the training and the gear: what is the purpose, and what can I (legally) do? (relative to the cert/license/training)
    Agreed, plus, ACLS is about a lot of drugs and equipment. Not bad knowledge, but not first aid either.

OP.... looks like you just raided your local CVS. Personally I'd parce it down, but you don't really define your mission. Honestly, that just looks like some people's medicine cabinet - why does it need to be in a kit?

As for your wife, why is she doing kid doses? What's her Knowledge base that makes her a better person for the job?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    As a semi retired physician, who used to work with various allied health providers, and unaware of his background, I merely provided various suggestions :-)
    Yeah, no worries. As a physician, the world is your oyster and all. For everyone else, there are a lot of hard ceilings on what we can and can't take, much less do and don't do. Again, I am all for train, train, and train again. Almost anyone can audit most any course in which they cannot obtain a cert.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the list ! !

Additional possibilities:
    Pepcid....H2 blocker....adjunct to Benadryl for allergic reactions
    Vaseline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12