Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's so great about LMT rifles?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am an LMT fanboy and own both AR15's and AR10's in both LMT and Colt. Also, the LMT monolithic uppers and MARs ambi lowers are very nice. Ive had no issues with either brand and enjoy having both compete for my money.

I don't know how an expiring Mono contract is going to change that much, but Ive been wrong before and Im sure will again. Brownells sold some LMT 10.5 mono uppers for pennies and I should have bought 10 of them.

I think LMT is a little more innovative with their Ambi lowers and e carriers but both base guns are awesome. MikhailBarracuda91, that is one clean no frills bad boy, well done.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-30-21 at 16:00.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    . Two defenders both had the SA BCG and C buffers. I asked them why and never received an answer, nor would they answer me at SHOT. IG said is was a cost cutting method.
    I can see that on the buffer weights(although likely a trivial amount of savings) but a semi auto bolt carrier is extra time and tool wear(again, likely a trivial amount).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My only gripe with my 10.5 CQB is I wish the rail was a tad longer, basically the same length as a DD MK18 RIS II rail. That way there is almost zero gap between a silencer and the rail. It's purely an aesthetical gripe on my part, and I understand why LMT made it the length they did.

My MK18 gets more day to day use, it's kind of my beater, training, throw in the truck gun, but my LMT is what sits by my bedside, and what will be called upon to reign down hellfire and brimstone to any that enter with ill intent.

I also really adore my 6933. In truth, I think those three are top tier SBR uppers and I'm thankful to have all three.

At the end of the day, a KAC says you mean business, but a LMT lets them know you like to boogie.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Did Karl Lewis ever work a Colt?
    No.

They did a cool history of type video a year or two ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Colt won the Mk18 contract, so that pretty much says it all. And that Henderson place is saying they get 50-100% more rounds out of Colt BCGs, compared to LMT and DD. That's not to say LMT is bad, not at all, just that Colt is ahead of the curve, for the same price or less.

There's also been rampant speculation about whether LMT conforms to the TDP for their commercial sales. Colt is still to date the only manufacturer that unequivocally says they provide the same parts to their civilian customers as they do to military and law enforcement.

Now LMT's enhanced stuff is a whole different story. The Colt heat treat, while very cost effective, is merely a bandaid, whereas the LMT bolts (and by extension KAC's as well) actually fix the problem, albeit at great expense. That said, I've heard conflicting reports as to whether the bolts will last indefinitely on Mk18s, which might be why SOCOM passed them up in favor of the Colts. Who knows. There's not any clear answer how long an enhanced bolt will last in an SBR, if they last longer than Colt's new ones, or if so by how long. They're so much more expensive, and the information is so non specific, I couldn't justify the cost or sacrifice of interchangeability. I hope in the future there will be some solid data on them.
    Colt bolts don’t last any longer on average than DD or LMT. From Henderson Defense there as one bolt that lasted way longer but it was the exception, not the norm, and Colt bolts fail around the same time as DD or LMT. They still make good stuff but it’s not some secret sauce.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Hi...ge=24#i7343147

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    My only gripe with my 10.5 CQB is I wish the rail was a tad longer, basically the same length as a DD MK18 RIS II rail. That way there is almost zero gap between a silencer and the rail. It's purely an aesthetical gripe on my part, and I understand why LMT made it the length they did.

My MK18 gets more day to day use, it's kind of my beater, training, throw in the truck gun, but my LMT is what sits by my bedside, and what will be called upon to reign down hellfire and brimstone to any that enter with ill intent.

I also really adore my 6933. In truth, I think those three are top tier SBR uppers and I'm thankful to have all three.

At the end of the day, a KAC says you mean business, but a LMT lets them know you like to boogie.
    Well said and Gave me a chuckle, gracias.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You would think so, but I don't see the Vltor VIS series flying off the shelves or in pictures.
    I have had the VIS and the MRP.

The VIS cannot even be compared to the MRP. 2 Bolts to change a BBL on the MRP, the VIS requires removal of 6oclock rail, then a special tool is needed, then you wrench and hope it is not gallled, or the only way to get your BBL off is to cut the receiver.....

Which reminds me, anyone need a cut VIS? I have front and back halves.

Feedback Score
    Great discussion guys. My buddy will enjoy it. Thanks for all the input

Do most other manufacturers do MPI and Cryo, etc. . . or is it just LMT & Colt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Great discussion guys. My buddy will enjoy it. Thanks for all the input

Do most other manufacturers do MPI and Cryo, etc. . . or is it just LMT & Colt?

Years ago I had a particular Cryo treated barrel that was noticeably different in a few ways to similar barrels that were not Cryo treated. I called the company that made the barrel and asked them who they used for that particular service and they actually told me...

That company is still around today and still Cryo treating barrels and everything else under the sun that different people send to them. Many other companies as well have been doing the same services for years.

Next time I send some barrels off to have done I am slipping in the barrel from my RIA 1911 and having it done as well just to see if I can spot any before and after difference in how much shit that barrel collects and how difficult it is to remove. That RIA barrel I have has been a fouling MAGNET since day one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A little info on LMT's cryo treatment.

@ 59:29

Shooter like Kukoč

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456