Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's so great about LMT rifles?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    And you're basing this on...?
    My own experience and the innumerable reviews of others and threads on this site.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honestly, my biggest regret in life is not buying more LMT lowers and MRP uppers. I made a badass LMT upper a good while back and sold it to fund some crazy ass scheme.

I like Colt but LMT is the Truth. How naive I was.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    My own experience and the innumerable reviews of others and threads on this site.
    I’ve been dealing with Colts for 20 years and the ones since ‘08 are the best they’ve ever made, and now with the EPR and the 6960 they’re even better. I think Colt quality is as good as it’s ever been.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I’ve been dealing with Colts for 20 years and the ones since ‘08 are the best they’ve ever made, and now with the EPR and the 6960 they’re even better. I think Colt quality is as good as it’s ever been.
    We share the same perspective. I think people get turned off by the little inconsequential cosmetic flaws in Colts, where they skip milling some flashing or whatever, and then convince themselves that those things have something to do with quality. And then they completely ignore the fantastic durability of the parts and the accuracy of the barrels.

Oh well. Probably about the time that Colt is for all intents and purposes gone, that's when they'll realize how great it was. Should boost the value of all my post Colt Holding, pre CZ stuff.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I am still mildly irritated my Defender lower came with a standard carbine buffer. I mated it to a SPM 14 upper and swapped in an A2 PG and H2 buffer; now its a very nice M4-like gun.

Is it better than a Colt? Probably not, but its certainly a peer.

I could not have purchased a Colt M4 with RAS and P/W the FH for anything close to what I have in my LMT with Troy DI quad rail.

Andy

Last edited by AndyLate; 04-29-21 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am still mildly irritated my Defender lower came with a standard carbine buffer. I mated it to a SPM 14 upper and swapped in an A2 PG and H2 buffer; now its a very nice M4-like gun.

Is it better than a Colt? Probably not, but its certainly a peer.

I could not have purchased a Colt M4 with RAS and P/W the FH for anything close to what I have in my LMT with Troy DI quad rail.

Andy

That is a nice AR. 👍

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    That is a nice AR. 👍
    Thank you! I take no credit. I purchased the complete P/W upper with BCG, rail, and MaTech sight in the EE here, then bought a complete Defender lower.

The only things I did were to install a H2 buffer, Gissele G2S trigger, Colt A2 PG, AP Pro, and sling mount/BFG sling.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-29-21 at 13:25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am still mildly irritated my Defender lower came with a standard carbine buffer.
    Yeah. That's insane, but easily remedied. I remember Pappabear got a complete lower with the carbine buffer. We shot it a little bit. Wow! So wrong.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Bro, no... it’s a carbine length gas system with a puny little carbine length rail AND a FSP. This POS is worthless.

Andy; kidding man. Being sarcastic. Nice shooter. Even if it’s really only neat and intended for someone 50 or over...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    That is a nice AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post

Regarding the commercial bolt carrier, I believe I have read they don’t want/sell ANY full auto parts in their complete commercial rifles, however, you can buy one from them and put it in.

Several years ago I bought a complete 10.5” upper, new with BCG. I called LMT CS and asked if I could trade it for a F/A carrier as I had yet to shoot the upper. They told me to send the commercial BCG so they could make sure it was actually one of theirs and they sent me a new F/A BCG. All I was out was the shipping to them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast