Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's so great about LMT rifles?

Feedback Score
    The first AR I ever owned was one I put together from a complete LMT Defender 2000 Lower half (with gen 1 Sopmod stock), and an M&A parts P/W 14.7 upper w/stainless barrel. Though over the last 20 years, I've swapped that LMT lower half with many different uppers, it has always functioned flawlessly. The only thing that I've ever swapped out/around as far as the lower goes is the buffer itself (with heavier buffers at times depending on the upper used) - Again, it's has always performed flawlessly for me - maybe that's just luck - I don't know, but I've never had a problem with it.

There are a number of things that I like about LMT as a company:

They have consistently & repeatedly won & maintained a number of military contracts over the last couple of decades (which shows they have a lot of experience producing quality mil-spec components).
    Their company reps actually seem to listen & take to heart their customer's reviews & recommendations in regards to their products &/or advertising (Website changes, civilian product offerings/parts, ect.).
    Though I haven't ever had a need to speak with a customer rep in regards to a repair or deficiency, I have spoken with them a number of times either ordering parts not listed on their website (like rifle receiver extensions & A2 stocks), or asking about any upcoming product changes, and they have always been extremely helpful & receptive in regards to such things.
    As well - I really like LMT's company logo - It's simple and to the point, kind of like FN in that regard, though LMT doesn't waste time, money & effort to produce a fancier version of their logo just for civilian sales as FN does (Kudos to LMT for keeping it plain & simple)
    And perhaps most important of all, LMT FULLY supports the 2nd Amendment, so much so that they moved their entire operations out of IL due to that state's retardation regarding 2A concepts.

Overall, I would say that your friend would not likely find much better than LMT's products, and could most certainly do far worse looking elsewhere, but that's just my thoughts on the matter. Hope you find it useful.
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    Bro, no... it’s a carbine length gas system with a puny little carbine length rail AND a FSP. This POS is worthless.

Andy; kidding man. Being sarcastic. Nice shooter. Even if it’s really only neat and intended for someone 50 or over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to smirk a little bit whenever I see a backup front sight mounted at the end of a 15 inch free float rail. If they only knew...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    And perhaps most important of all, LMT FULLY supports the 2nd Amendment, so much so that they moved their entire operations out of IL due to that state's retardation regarding 2A concepts.
    Hmm... Did they say that? I always figured it was due to the tax and employment law differences.

I am not knocking LMT at all. I have a MARS-L that I like, and used an MWS receiver extension set to complete it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Bro, no... it’s a carbine length gas system with a puny little carbine length rail AND a FSP. This POS is worthless.

Andy; kidding man. Being sarcastic. Nice shooter. Even if it’s really only neat and intended for someone 50 or over...
    Well, I'm 52, so...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm only 44 . 🤔
    I do believe the late 80's - all the 90's to be the most awesome time to grow up, so......
    🤣

Feedback Score
    My brother's LMT spm-16. It also came with a carbine buffer and semi auto BCG. That was taken care of though with a enhanced BCG, Springco white/H2 buffer.

ADCO cut crowned and re-thread the barrel to 14.7", FH is pinned and welded on. He kept the delta ring, so he is using a DD omega rail.

This thing shoots lights out, and is a pussy cat even with the regular F/A LMT BCG we've tried in it. The enhanced one is really something else

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do the newer LMT's still say Milan IL or Eldridge IA
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man the people I thought were young and hip and older than Methuselah.

Also I love my Illinois LMTs and won’t part with them. When I get a MARS-H lower it WILL. BE. ON

Feedback Score
    Did Karl Lewis ever work a Colt?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    My brother's LMT spm-16. It also came with a carbine buffer and semi auto BCG. That was taken care of though with a enhanced BCG, Springco white/H2 buffer.

ADCO cut crowned and re-thread the barrel to 14.7", FH is pinned and welded on. He kept the delta ring, so he is using a DD omega rail.

This thing shoots lights out, and is a pussy cat even with the regular F/A LMT BCG we've tried in it. The enhanced one is really something else

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    NICE!!!!! 👍

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast