Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School me on M203's!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Question: can a 203 barrel be cut down safely? I know the Shorty 40s are proprietary but I’m talking about taking a 12” barrel to 9”.
    So I finally got my M203. The barrel at least; the receiver should be at my FFL early next week. I have a 9" barrel, but taking a look at it it looks like it may be possible to cut it a little bit. The top of the barrel has a groove that is used to aling in the the receiver but I'm not sure it needs the whole thing. I'll post a picture later today.

In any case, I know someone that has the 9" in stock. It may be more beneficial to just buy the 9 and sell the 12. I'll PM you the link.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So another question for those more experienced tham me... I found adapters to shoot 12gauge and 26.5mm shells out ot the 40. Does anyone make a 37mm adapter for flares and stuff like these?

https://exotic-firearms.com/collecti...stle-pigs-ammo

I realize the adapter would be extremely thin-walled, but for low velocity stuff I would imagine it would be OK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    So another question for those more experienced tham me... I found adapters to shoot 12gauge and 26.5mm shells out ot the 40. Does anyone make a 37mm adapter for flares and stuff like these?

https://exotic-firearms.com/collecti...stle-pigs-ammo

I realize the adapter would be extremely thin-walled, but for low velocity stuff I would imagine it would be OK.
    Your best bet is to find a machinist and make your own. Manufacturers get really skittish with a 40mm adaptor even with a Form 4 (my experience). A 37mm will be even harder as they aren't sold as firearms.

Why don't you just shoot flares or chalk from your existing 37mm? A lot of people will get worried about a lot of perceived "issues" when you ask about 37mm shotgun shell adaptors for your non-DD "FLARE LAUNCHER". I'm not a lawyer so, proceed at your own risk.

Non-lethal 12 gauge ammo questions will get you all sorts of strange question and in some cases accusations. In my case, it is a whole lot easier to use a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot against a livestock killing "pet" than a bean bag deterrent round. Cost differences are huge between the two as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12