Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School me on M203's!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

School me on M203's!

So I've reached The End. The bottom of the barrel. The I-have-everything-I-want-so-now-it's-time-for-ridiculousness time.

It's time for a Grenade Launcher!

Specifically an M203.

I'm looking at these three LMT's:
    https://lmtdefense.com/product/9-rail-mounted-m203/
    https://lmtdefense.com/product/9-m203-pistol/
    https://lmtdefense.com/product/9-sta...-mounted-m203/

I want to be able to use this different ways:
    Mounted an a 16" rifle
    Mounted on an 11.5" SBR
    Stand-alone as a pistol
    Stand alone with a buttstock

I selected the 9" version as it seems like the Goldilocks length and I can swap the barrel if necessary.

A few questions...
    Which version should I buy that will allow me, within NFA rules, to use it in all these configurations? Should I be looking at a different model?
    Obviously I'm buying it on a form 4 but will I need to do a form 1 to use it in a different configuration? I guess what I'm asking is if I buy the mounted version and add a stock will it require another stamp? What about the buttstock version and then mount it to a rifle or use it as a stand-alone?

Also, I'm definitely going to pick up a hornet's nest or similar... besides chalk and smoke, what cool things do you all shoot these things?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Subscribing for personal interest.
    But I’d like to add: the receiver by itself is a Title 1 firearm and transfers to any FFL. The receiver and barrel can be owned and possessed, separately, without a tax stamp. If you buy the weapon complete it’s a Form 4. If you buy the receiver by itself as Title 1 it’s a Form 1 before buying or possessing and installing the barrel. Since a complete weapon is already a Class III DD l, that requires a stamp, no additional stamp is needed to move it between different mounting systems.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 04-29-21 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Subscribing for personal interest.
    But I’d like to add: the receiver by itself is a Title 1 firearm and transfers to any FFL. The receiver and barrel can be owned and possessed, separately, without a tax stamp. If you buy the weapon complete it’s a Form 4. If you buy the receiver by itself as Title 1 it’s a Form 1 before buying or possessing and installing the barrel. Since a complete weapon is already a Class III DD l, that requires a stamp, no additional stamp is needed to move it between different mounting systems.
    Interesting... so if I buy just a receiver I can take possession right away, form 1 it, buy the barrel, etc. and then use it however I wish?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Interesting... so if I buy just a receiver I can take possession right away, form 1 it, buy the barrel, etc. and then use it however I wish?
    Correct

Feedback Score
    There are no configuration limitations on a DD. You can change it to whatever configuration you want with no issues.

Your choice is really 'rail mount' or 'traditional (barrel nut mount)'. Both have advantages and disadvantages, it really comes down to which one you like more.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    First two are Garand Thumb and third is Big Daddy. The Big Daddy explains the legalities pretty well. The Garand Thumb are very entertaining.

https://youtu.be/MC9vZiqj38g

https://youtu.be/zAAiFLr4y6w

https://youtu.be/m1w2TZFhRfI
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 04-30-21 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have fun with my 203. Ammo sucks to find but it’s cheap and easy to reload. I’ve got a LMT shorty 40...
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    I have fun with my 203. Ammo sucks to find but it’s cheap and easy to reload. I’ve got a LMT shorty 40...
    Notice any range differences between the Shorty 40 and a 9” or 12”? I like the looks of the Shorty but leery of the proprietary receiver and barrel.

Feedback Score
    Man, part of me would dig a 203. Just for nostalgia. But I don't know that it would be worth the price of admission. You can fire what? Chalk, smoke, maybe flares? Can you use the 40mm buckshot rounds? How much per round?

I was a fair Grenadier in my day. Qual with the 203 was no joke.

Enjoy gentlemen. Hope y'all have a ball.

ETA: LMT should hawk those shorty 40's to the IDF for their tavors. Cause a bullpup sporting a 12 inch tube is just stupid but that's what they run.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 05-02-21 at 20:56.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Question: can a 203 barrel be cut down safely? I know the Shorty 40s are proprietary but I’m talking about taking a 12” barrel to 9”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast