Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better to reload: 10 mm or .45 acp?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    G30 Gen 4 should arrive next week.
    If you ever wanted more power than a 10mm could give you for whatever reason - You 'could' do this to that:

As far as reloading is concerned - The stuff you already have to reload 45ACP with will work just fine here for the most part 'tool wise'. If you stocked suitable .45ACP powders on the slower end of the spectrum and .45acp bullets designed for the speed then they will work here as well.

The brass is not usually cheap but... It lasts for freaking ever if you try. (can be trimmed and put in 45acp brass pile when 'retired' from full power 460 load use)

Feedback Score
    I've got S&B ammo.

Large primer but I read the pockets are tight and I may have to chamfer them.

I haven't seen 200 gr FN FMJ bullets for sale since I've been looking but somebody makes them. (Like standard 200 gr .45 GAP fmj)

But I'll get some lead or coated 200 gr bullets, too.

Feedback Score
    Right now getting the needed components for ether one would be hard to do.

Feedback Score
    It's on hold because my new Glock 30 gen 4 throws cases in my face. Luckily a buddy offered to buy it even with its issue, so, he can have it.

Maybe I'll pick up some other brand of 10mm or .45 if I see a deal on something used.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 545Warman View Post
    Right now getting the needed components for ether one would be hard to do.
    Bullets I've been able get without much effort, but if you do not already have primers that will work you are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    It's on hold because my new Glock 30 gen 4 throws cases in my face.
    You know that's an internet myth perpetuated by glock haters, don't you?

I read it on a forum so it must be true!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Bullets I've been able get without much effort, but if you do not already have primers that will work you are stuck.

You know that's an internet myth perpetuated by glock haters, don't you?

I read it on a forum so it must be true!
    Yea I know!

I've had some Glocks do it rarely and some Glocks nearly every round fired.

The only other guns I've ever had do this so much are Beretta Jetfires, Bobcats, and Tomcats. But they have NO extractor and are forgiven. But even those dont toss them in your face. (Well, not often) Just randomly back and up in half-cone kinda direction. Little brass.
    Last edited by Ron3; 05-15-21 at 07:04.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Will say I shot a 19X yesterday and it shot very nicely with no brass-to-face. Nice pistol, though I'm not going to replace my p99 with one.

Feedback Score
    I opt for the 10mm, I have a glock 20 for long hikes.

Feedback Score
    10mm is an awesome caliber. It will turn a medium sized water melon into mist. Brass life ? 10mm generates more pressure. Theoretically 45acp brass should last longer. 45 ACP components have been available for many years 10mm not so much for a cheapskate like me. We are talking about reloading.

Feedback Score
    If I am to understand you correctly you already have LRGHG primers (I hope) in sufficient numbers.
    I spent the last 10 YEARS conservatively but constantly buying and stockpiling all my needed reloading components so I have some idea on the current availability and prices of all HG reloading components. Essentially If you already have primer and powder you're in pretty good shape as brass and bullets for both 45acp and 10mm can still be found to buy.

RIGHT NOW the advantage of finding cheaper bullets in stock for reloading goes to the 10mm in all forms of FMJ, coated and plated.
    That is unless someone knows of a cheaper source or sources than I do.

HOWEVER.................................Per my limited search 10mm brass is MUCH more expensive so you what you gain in bullet cost you will loose in brass cost and then some so if coat is a major issue for you 45acp might be the cheaper way to go.
    Last edited by DMTJAGER; 05-19-21 at 11:13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast