Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Photo of 'Guntec' AR-15 Slip Over Barrel Shroud w/ Multi Port Muzzle Break

Feedback Score

Seeking Photo of 'Guntec' AR-15 Slip Over Barrel Shroud w/ Multi Port Muzzle Break

Hello Gents, I've hopefully Posted this in the correct Forum as this one appeared the most appropriate for my query. One of my students asked me if a particular product would fit his Colt 6920, & I couldn't really say for certain ? Without going into a long explanation of why he wants one, suffice to say I advised him he really didn't need it. But, to answer his question I figured I would ask here. He wants to know if the 'GUNTEC' brand, AR-15 Slip Over Barrel Shroud with Multi Port Muzzle Brake would fit & function with his Colt 6920, with an M4 profile barrel of course. I've observed them on older Colt 6520's, but never on an M4 style barrel ? If anyone is familiar with these, & or happens to have a photograph of one installed on an 16" M4 barrel, I would really appreciate hearing from them. THANK YOU

Best, Dom P. / dpast32@ aol.com
    Last edited by dpast32; 04-29-21 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    As him "WHY" again! Make him admit he wants a fake can.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Link to the product isn’t showing....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This?

https://guntecusa.com/product/ar-15-...-muzzle-brake/

Not sure about aluminum for a brake and odd they don't give I.D. for something intended to sleeve the barrel.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    This?

https://guntecusa.com/product/ar-15-...-muzzle-brake/

Not sure about aluminum for a brake and odd they don't give I.D. for something intended to sleeve the barrel.
    It hangs from the barrel threads in a recessed hole. Covering the barrel would be a better description than a sleeve. Too Mall Ninga for me.

Feedback Score
    Hey, THANKS Guys for all the replies ! Just to clarify somewhat, the above Link does not show the item in question, but rather its smaller, 'Mini Break' Model. He wants the longer, 5" or so [ +/- ] Model, IIRC. I guess what I'm really trying to find out is if the full sized, 'GUNTECSlip Over Muzzle Break' will install / fit correctly / properly when threaded onto your standard, Colt R-6920 16" barrel ? Many years ago I had a similar device on my Colt R-6520 for a short period of time. It fit absolutely fine, & performed exactly like a Flash Hider, as that's what it was, not a Break like the GUNTEC version. He wants the longer, 5" [ +/- ] Model, IIRC. I guess it's pretty much apparent why / what for he wants the 'device' for. He's impressed by the seller's declaration of an approximate 70% recoil reduction & such, but I too advised him that other than an aesthetic function, everything he likes can be accomplished by something smaller & more efficient. He also referred to liking the old XM-177 look, which I guess I can understand. I f I can't find any photos or confirm its fit, I'll leave it up to him whether he wants to gamble & just order one, & hope it will fit properly ?
    And, as for me, all this discussion started me 'dreaming' about the little Mk-18 I've always dreamed about, but knew deep down would never own ! Even with the semi-recent introduction of the Pistol variant AR-15's becoming available, I always end up talking myself out of one for some reason or another. I guess primarily, I simply can't see paying out around $1,200 +/- for any decent quality Model, which is, all we all pretty much realize is truly effective inside of 150 meters or so, at best. [ At least IMHO ] So, I guess I'll just collapse the stock on my 16" bbl'd 6920 as short as it will go, & try to convince myself it's a 'Shorty' !!

Best, Dom P. / dpast32@aol.com

Feedback Score
    Just an update on this issue. Be advised that I contacted GUNTEC in Arizona direct, & they confirmed that it will indeed properly fit an 16" M4 style barrel, which answers his question. THANK YOU for all the kind replies, as they were very much appreciated.

Best, Dom P. / dpast32

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’m pretty sure Guntec = Chinese made garbage.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 04-30-21 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    Fake suppressors do make good heat Shields if you’re not running a full length rail setup.
    I ran a Spike’s fake can on an upper to cover up some scratches & melted on crud. Well made.
    I do have a Guntec fake suppressor on a CMR-30, it threaded on just fine but yea, it’s imported airsoft grade. IMHO a Colt deserves a little better, and if the fake can is made of aluminum and sticks out in the blast zone, it’ll erode and probably break and fling jagged metal at a nearby shooter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone figured which model we are talking about? If so, can they post a link?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast