Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed Cash-In-Transit Heist (Vid)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I would have collapsed that stock.
    Ha, one of my first thoughts too. That guy was worthless. At least get out of the car and catch some bullets. He was like that guys caddy. He wasn’t going to play. But he gave the guy the sticks.

An ACOG? Not the fight you’re going to get into.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-30-21 at 19:38.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1. Steve Forsing is my spirit animal.

2. Homie on the wheel has seen some stuff.

3. Homie in the passenger seat was a choad. You’d bet I’d have new partner after that.

Feedback Score
    Life in Jo’Burg !

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    1. Steve Forsing is my spirit animal.

2. Homie on the wheel has seen some stuff.

3. Homie in the passenger seat was a choad. You’d bet I’d have new partner after that.
    the passenger had the deer in headlight look, but I have never been shot at either so....

Maybe a 10.5 upper would be better for maneuverability in a vehicle..... Looks like the driver was wearing soft armor, I bet he steps up to plates....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I thought they did fine.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The A pillar took a round. Looks like it would have had to go through the door to hit there. I wonder what kind of armor the door has?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I used to work for a company that built factory armored vehicles, and have seen some other vehicles and their construction. This looks to have been upfit as the doors still have window switches but the glass appears to be mounted to the door frame as it sits inside where the original window did. That grey panel around the door frame in the cab is armor because the joints there are extremely sensitive areas. As the protection level goes up, there will be more layers, that are called a “labyrinth” construction that creates angles to help lower the risk of penetration into the passenger cell. This vehicle did its job, and the manual transmission is usually better suited for evading because it’s not as susceptible to radiator/cooler puncture to keep them moving. Good driving and he stayed calm and collected. The passenger appeared like this was either business as usual or had froze up, it didn’t look like he ever really switched “on”. I’m kind of disappointed they didn’t have some procedures like if an attack occurs, the passenger starts looking for the bad guys, calling it in, and supporting the driver. Maybe it was unfamiliarity with each other, or they were too comfortable together, I don’t know. In my opinion, despite the good outcome, I feel there was poor crew resource management and I’d be having some debriefing with both of them.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I would have collapsed that stock.
    At first the wing man almost butt stroke "Steve" in the jaw with the stock.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After watching the video I felt a lot of the criticism of the passenger guard was a bit harsh. His gun handling was a bit clumsy and he looked (understandably) spooked but I didn’t feel he was unreasonably passive, as there wasn’t a lot he could really be doing. As long as the vehicle remained operational and unbreached, using the vehicle *itself* as the primary tool of offense/defense makes more sense.
    If the vehicle gets stopped and breached, then it’s time to repel boarders.

Then however... I saw the additional ten-second clip where the vehicle does stop and the passenger just hands the rifle off to the driver, who bails out, leaving the passenger sitting by himself in the vehicle. That looked kinda shitty. So that changed my opinion a bit.

Still though, at the end of the day I can’t really blame him for not wanting to get killed to protect someone else’s money while he makes the equivalent of US $14/hr or whatever.
    The only good reason to work for an armored transport company in this day and age is so you can position yourself to rip them off from the inside.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast