Thread: Need help with Emil Busch scope

Feedback Score

Need help with Emil Busch scope

Hello everybody, this is my first post here and of course I need help! I recently just bought my first Mauser Mod. 98. Its in great shape minus that it has been drilled and tapped for a scope mount. Which got me thinking, somewhere a long time ago a friend of the family gave me an old scope that would look great on the rifle. So I dug it out. Looking for some info on it and if I can some info on where to buy a scope mount that would fit it. It says "VISAR" 4x D.R.G.M. 5438 Emil Busch A-G Rathenow. Reticle is three bars and the adjustment seems to work. From what little I can gather its a German company possibly made before WW1? Any help you guys can give me is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m guessing you are a bot based on you having posted a Mauser scope related question on an AR15 discussion forum in an AR15 technical section....

On the slim chance you aren’t, is there any reason you didn’t at least post this in the optics section?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Thx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtjhnsn View Post
    Hello everybody, this is my first post here and of course I need help! I recently just bought my first Mauser Mod. 98. Its in great shape minus that it has been drilled and tapped for a scope mount. Which got me thinking, somewhere a long time ago a friend of the family gave me an old scope that would look great on the rifle. So I dug it out. Looking for some info on it and if I can some info on where to buy a scope mount that would fit it. It says "VISAR" 4x D.R.G.M. 5438 Emil Busch A-G Rathenow. Reticle is three bars and the adjustment seems to work. From what little I can gather its a German company possibly made before WW1? Any help you guys can give me is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....il-Busch-scope

Literally the same exact question was asked on the k98k forum 6 years ago, this is odd.