Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cheese Graters 2021

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Update, I’ve settled the 14.5” barrel question with DD.

Looking for a rail for a 12.5”, I stumbled upon this: https://slrrifleworks.com/helix-11-7-handguard-quad/ , and read back to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The SLR Rifleworks and Midwest Industries options are good-to-go as well.
    on page 1. Anyone else have experience with SLR quads?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I just built a 14.5 with the BCM QRF. Seems solid enough to me. Tight fitting as noted elsewhere but I did not have to heat anything. The 12” I believe is actually 12.25” iirc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Looking for a rail for a 12.5”, I stumbled upon this: https://slrrifleworks.com/helix-11-7-handguard-quad/ , and read back to this:
    on page 1. Anyone else have experience with SLR quads?
    This is one of my kid's rifles (he hangs an AN/PAQ-4C on it):

Victor'sSPR.jpgVictor'sSPR2.jpg

This is how it groups at 200 yards with 77s:

victor'sdmblaster.jpg

I've got two on AR-10s (would have had a third, but they discontinued the length I wanted). Gonna buy another for an 18-inch SPR-role rifle.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I just built a 14.5 with the BCM QRF. Seems solid enough to me. Tight fitting as noted elsewhere but I did not have to heat anything. The 12” I believe is actually 12.25” iirc.

That looks downright awesome. What size and brand of gas block does the barrel have, and how much clearance is there with the rail?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Cheese Graters 2021

Thanks. It’s a Colt SOCOM barrel with a Geissele gas block so should be .750. Clearance is adequate. I’ll snap a pic later for reference.

Edit:

Last edited by Vegas; 09-25-21 at 17:34.

Feedback Score

Great looking rifle.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thanks. It’s a Colt SOCOM barrel with a Geissele gas block so should be .750. Clearance is adequate. I’ll snap a pic later for reference.

Edit:

Thank you! If the G block fits, there should be plenty of space for any of the slimmer versions e.g. BCM, etc.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 09-25-21 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I got a Larue 11” quad secondhand for a 12.5”. So far, I’m impressed. Its both light and solid, and feels good in the hand. Better feeling than my RIS, RAS, or Centurion cutout quads. About like a DDM4. It is very inflexible, like a monolithic quad. I’d say the mounting system is on par for strength and rigidity with the URX4. Its in the right length for this barrel, which is surprisingly uncommon.

Does not play well with a BCM Mk2 upper.

Weighs 16.1oz with nut and hardware, but feels much lighter somehow. It has built in steel QD cups for a sling, which is worth like an oz, for comparison. Doing ready ups and such, it feels light. We’ll see after I carry it for a while.

Rounded to the nearest hundo, I’ve got 2.00” for width and 2.21” for height. Like we’ve discussed before, the bottom rail protrudes less than the top one, so it feels great. Its 11 1/8” long.

I almost regret the two DDM4 rails I ordered last night in 10” and 12” varieties. They charge a freakin mint for those things.

My PEQ 15 mounting screw indexes to the same paint line as it does on my RAS and RIS rails, so the clamp surfaces must be dimensionally identical. However, my ladder covers seem to sink into the Picatinny rather than sticking out a hair. I need to grab some of the DD or Ergo Slimline ones, lest I overheat my delicate digits.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-17-21 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Admittedly I’m a quad rail fan, just makes more sense to me then m lok but I digress. I have the old school Larues, DD ris II, and my favorite is the lmt mrp/cqb. The lmt has the same shape as the larue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Admittedly I’m a quad rail fan, just makes more sense to me then m lok but I digress. I have the old school Larues, DD ris II, and my favorite is the lmt mrp/cqb. The lmt has the same shape as the larue.
    I have an upper with a Geissele carbine length quad but the rails are not full length. It ends just before the front sight tower so it is and seems short for my long arms. My other is a Centurion C7, also with standard front sight tower, and it has wings that extend on the sides and bottom past the front sight. This makes a carbine length gas system seem longer and that's why I like it better. Both seem solid and I've never dropped or otherwise abused them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast