Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheese Graters 2021

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I honestly don’t know what kind of hit they can take.

The barrel nut is short, barely longer than a stock/g.i. nut and has a big groove in the front for the bolts to pass through with a less than 1/4” flat forward of that for the rail.

I’ve had BCM handguards since they came out with the original KMR and they’re decently stout, but seem like they were built primarily for light weight and aesthetics.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I wouldn't hesitate to put a BCM on a go-to-blows rifle and mount a PAQ/PEQ to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate to put a BCM on a go-to-blows rifle and mount a PAQ/PEQ to it.
    May I ask your opinion on the DDM4 12.0 rail?

I want a 20” fixed stock rifle that is not quite an SPR nor a SAM-R. More like, a somewhat backwards compatible, glorified M16A4 that I can mount whatever I may need to, have quad rails, and be reasonable with weight. Something to put away. A government profile barrel. Typically it may have a RDS or an ACOG. Future Proof with rifle gas.

It’s an idea I’ve had for a while but never put it to practice.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I like the KAC carbine length FF RAS, but according to Brownell’s it has been discontinued. The URX 3.1 is my go to for a full length rail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I like the KAC carbine length FF RAS, but according to Brownell’s it has been discontinued. The URX 3.1 is my go to for a full length rail.
    Remember the URX II Carbine length? Oh boy I wish I had gotten one. The 3.1 is pretty awesome. I have them on my SR-25. It’s soooo comfy.

The rail isn’t bad but I want something longer. I wanna put my KAC FF RAS on my SBR

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    May I ask your opinion on the DDM4 12.0 rail?

I want a 20” fixed stock rifle that is not quite an SPR nor a SAM-R. More like, a somewhat backwards compatible, glorified M16A4 that I can mount whatever I may need to, have quad rails, and be reasonable with weight. Something to put away. A government profile barrel. Typically it may have a RDS or an ACOG. Future Proof with rifle gas.

It’s an idea I’ve had for a while but never put it to practice.
    I absolutely love the originals and was truly sad to read they are discontinued. Both Gunner Davis (from the Marine Corps Precision Weapon Shop) and I separately and independently came to the conclusion that if we were to build SAM-R and SDMR M16s today we'd use Larues.

There are a lot more options today than there were on 9/11.

Feedback Score
    Where do Troy rails stand in the pecking order? Can't say that I know anyone who uses one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Small lots early in GWOT. Australians and maybe Israelis used them for a little while.

Feedback Score
    Troy has a really nice finish on their quad rails. I just don't care for the barrel nut-rail interface.
    Midwest Industries Combat Rails and Centurion C4 are solid choices for cheese grater rails and the mounting system they incorporate.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Troy Bravo quad Rail and it works fine with Ergo grips taking up any spare grater...but I got it years ago before all the Mlok and Keymod craze.I

I recently got a couple of Mlok and Keymod stuff as it is easier gripping a front hold with a hand stop..plus they are a bit lighter
    Last edited by pag23; 05-02-21 at 18:19.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast