Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: A daily reminder: they are not your friends

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,379
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I.....Iím your friend.....

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,201
    Feedback Score
    0
    Imposter syndrome ? NAH I don’t doubt her lack of abilities at all !!! I am convinced her psychotic mind thinks things that we know are not even real ! And just thinking you are something you are not does not make it real but hey we don’t live in a real world anymore

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,109
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    The police are NOT your friends. They may be friendly, but they are not here to be your friend or to be on YOUR side. They are not all omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent. They can only act on whatever facts are presented at the time. Don't put yourself in terrible positions where the facts at the time tend to paint yourself as a guilty party. And if you do, don't talk to them without an attorney, they are not your friends, and anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST YOU.

    The OP thinks he really got us cops with this thread, meanwhile we're all like duh, we aren't YOUR friend.
    If I was a Cop, I would look at everyone like they were about half sketchy.
    That being said, other to thank them as they patrol my neighborhood, I got nothing to say and have nothing to do with them.
    I am not anti-cop, but really, they are on the job, just let them all alone to do their work.
    I got enough "friends" already.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    26,636
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    The police are NOT your friends. They may be friendly, but they are not here to be your friend or to be on YOUR side. They are not all omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent. They can only act on whatever facts are presented at the time. Don't put yourself in terrible positions where the facts at the time tend to paint yourself as a guilty party. And if you do, don't talk to them without an attorney, they are not your friends, and anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST YOU.

    The OP thinks he really got us cops with this thread, meanwhile we're all like duh, we aren't YOUR friend.
    I agree it's not your job to be anyone's friend. But thankfully cops do a lot of friendly shit all the time.

    Obviously if you are currently being detained / investigated, different story. Then there job is do decide if you need to be arrested and / or charged.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,622
    Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I agree it's not your job to be anyone's friend. But thankfully cops do a lot of friendly shit all the time.

    Obviously if you are currently being detained / investigated, different story. Then there job is do decide if you need to be arrested and / or charged.
    Of course we do, because we are people and community members. But don't ever think that just because you are a republican the cops are here to side with you.

    Instead of charging kids and homeless people with shoplifting I buy the item. I buy shoes, hotel rooms, gas, etc for people in need. I've held people and cried with them as they died, I've risked my life for people I've never met before, I've taken all manner of verbal abuse with a smile and thank you. But, I am not anyone's friend while in duty, I am simply there to enforce the law and uphold my oath.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Of course we do, because we are people and community members. But don't ever think that just because you are a republican the cops are here to side with you.

    Instead of charging kids and homeless people with shoplifting I buy the item. I buy shoes, hotel rooms, gas, etc for people in need. I've held people and cried with them as they died, I've risked my life for people I've never met before, I've taken all manner of verbal abuse with a smile and thank you. But, I am not anyone's friend while in duty, I am simply there to enforce the law and uphold my oath.
    At least you're honest, I'll give you that.

    FWIW I've never viewed cops otherwise.

    While I certainly wouldn't expect a cop not to arrest me because I'm a conservative, I likewise WOULD expect a cop to arrest someone who was a libtard POS if they were breaking the law despite what you're political higher-ups might say; i.e. the perpetual situation in Portland and Seattle where people like us are arrested for defending themselves while the garbage gets a pass. In that scenario you are nothing more than an organ of the state with a badge and gun who can legally murder me while serving at the beck and call of the powers-that-be. (none of this directed at you personally....unless of course it is applicable) Those who would do so are no better than the SS, KGB, Stasi, etc. I don't give a shit about their dental plans, retirement, or little Suzie's college fund.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-07-21 at 21:05.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    26,636
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Of course we do, because we are people and community members. But don't ever think that just because you are a republican the cops are here to side with you.

    Instead of charging kids and homeless people with shoplifting I buy the item. I buy shoes, hotel rooms, gas, etc for people in need. I've held people and cried with them as they died, I've risked my life for people I've never met before, I've taken all manner of verbal abuse with a smile and thank you. But, I am not anyone's friend while in duty, I am simply there to enforce the law and uphold my oath.
    If I don't know the LEO in question personally, I don't assume anything.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    736
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Officers who purposefully and repeatedly do NOT arrest criminals nor protect citizens, because of direction from politicians, have abdicated their Oath.

    That is an evil, shameful thing many of us have seen throughout this year-long left-wing insurrection that's been going on. It is vile, and the more it happens, the more meaningless "law and order" becomes.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    736
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Of course we do, because we are people and community members. But don't ever think that just because you are a republican the cops are here to side with you.

    Instead of charging kids and homeless people with shoplifting I buy the item. I buy shoes, hotel rooms, gas, etc for people in need. I've held people and cried with them as they died, I've risked my life for people I've never met before, I've taken all manner of verbal abuse with a smile and thank you. But, I am not anyone's friend while in duty, I am simply there to enforce the law and uphold my oath.
    And I have to say, this post moves me, and I appreciate you being that way.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,195
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Say it aint so Texas.


    Police in Plano are terrified of this video and lashing out at anyone sharing it

    BREAKING: Plano, TX police officer allows armed left-wing militia to illegally block traffic, reprimands driver who attempts to clear road, defend himself


    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...70658054246405

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •