Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score

CR6920

A new Colt has no appeal.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, like he says in the video....it doesn’t mean the current 6920s aren’t good guns, but yeah the Colt brand has lost quite a bit of it’s cachet.
    6920 is still most likely what I’d recommend someone buy if they wanted to just get a solid, reasonably priced (relatively speaking of course) complete AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My condolences to anyone who watched the video in its entirety.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    My condolences to anyone who watched the video in its entirety.
    I’m sort of a nerd for this kind of stuff but I was fully prepared going in for him to manage to make it boring. I had a spaghetti dinner to help keep me occupied though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I looked at a few CR6920s yesterday and I think they’re the nicest Colts I’ve ever seen in my two decades of messing with Colts.

They are just regular ol 6920s that act just like every other 6920 but the new markings are very nicely engraved and IMO, really look a lot better than the roll stamping that they just retired. Especially since they’ve been doing a combination of engraving and roll stamping for the past few years.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have the OP on my ignore list and I didn’t watch the video.

Let me guess from the replies so far:

This is a video by the former Colt guy Chris whatever his last name is. The video talks about “Colt quality” today and of the “good ole days”, rollmarks, C stamped bolt carrier markings and other identifying stamps and marks on parts AND, of course, COLT OUTSOURCING...

How’d I do?

Anyone interested in an O/U wager on then number of overall replies to the thread? I mean it’s about Colt which always results in the same 60+ replies full hate and discontent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Going forward it will be interesting to see what direction CZ take the iconic company.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Going forward it will be interesting to see what direction CZ take the iconic company.
    I think there were a lot of people hoping that on like Day 1 CZ was going to sweep in and start literally frog-marching Colt’s management out of the building.

From what I’ve heard it doesn’t sound like they’ve got anything particularly drastic planned at least in the short term though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I think there were a lot of people hoping that on like Day 1 CZ was going to sweep in and start literally frog-marching Colt’s management out of the building.

From what I’ve heard it doesn’t sound like they’ve got anything particularly drastic planned at least in the short term though.
    ]

Most companies buy a company and sit and watch for a year or two then they drop the hammer if they see it needs to be dropped. That is the smart thing to do in most instances. Colt has done a lot of smart things for a long time, but on the other hand not the most innovative. Be nice for CZ to stick with Colts winning ways and add some quality innovation going forward, in due time.

They did bring back some love for their revolvers which is cool, not sure how that has been received but they gave it a shot.

I clicked on that video after posting, 42 min, I cant. Someone tell me what is the diff between the LE vs CR, in a nutshell.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-02-21 at 08:53.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Video is a slow walk through revisions in the 6920 line with added history and perspective. Not a bad primer.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast