Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If it applies, throttle back on the speculation, bitching, etc. Don't like it-move tf on
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    That's what makes this so unforgiveable. If they had to raise prices, fine. Or if they wanted to give up the milspec game entirely and become another DPMS, fine. But to just quietly shaft commercial customers by sneaking substandard parts into their rifles is a shitbird move. I thought they had really changed when they started offering the LE6920, but I guess they just did that long enough to lure us into a false sense of security so they could screw us once again.
    What substandard parts have been sneaked in? In what ways, specifically, have you found them to be substandard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    If it applies, throttle back on the speculation, bitching, etc. Don't like it-move tf on

just so it's seen to avoid aftermath
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    That's what makes this so unforgiveable. If they had to raise prices, fine. Or if they wanted to give up the milspec game entirely and become another DPMS, fine. But to just quietly shaft commercial customers by sneaking substandard parts into their rifles is a shitbird move. I thought they had really changed when they started offering the LE6920, but I guess they just did that long enough to lure us into a false sense of security so they could screw us once again.
    I'll admit I only watched the video about half way so maybe I missed something but..... Is Colt still selling to the military? If so then they're still following the TDP. Doesn't matter who makes the parts. And the guy did say they use one assembly line

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    These threads are so humorous. Anyone that has been around Colt ARs for more than 10 years knows the ONLY thing Colt is consistent with is being inconsistent!

I wish I still had the LE prefix LE6920 that I cut the tape box seals on ... just to find it had a non M4 marked upper or the one that came with a non-C marked BCG.

Not to mention the non-standard FCG pins of the early LE6920s ... and the semi-moon cut bolt carriers.

One of the Restricted Marked had a “W” marked barrel.

To entertain that Colt:

A) produces everything in house;
    B) never outsources for items they ALSO make in house;
    C) doesn’t just assemble rifles from whatever is sitting in the parts bin;
    D) doesn’t randomly change crap

Is ludicrous and shows your utter lack of knowledge about Colt ARs.

If someone is worried about the CR guns ... pay more for a LE gun.

... OR better yet ...

By an arguably more innovative product from KAC or LMT.

The Colt 6920 (does not matter which prefix) is a quality BASIC / BUDGET M4 style carbine. It is NOTHING more. There are no “Milspec” M4 Carbines in civilian hands. Colt’s ABC6920 is just a 16” M4 Cut Carbine Length Gas firearm with virtually no product improvement / innovation (stuff like mid-gas, ambi-lower, enhanced bolt, mono-upper, 45d gas port, straight gas tube, QC barrel, etc ... ).

If someone is REALLY worried about substandard parts ... buy something else.
    Last edited by Arch; 05-12-21 at 10:12. Reason: Using iPhones to post blows monkey chunks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'll admit I only watched the video about half way so maybe I missed something but..... Is Colt still selling to the military? If so then they're still following the TDP. Doesn't matter who makes the parts. And the guy did say they use one assembly line

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence in the video is pretty overwhelming that they're back to their old ways. I sincerely hope that's not the case, but to say they have trust issues with their commercial customers is an understatement.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I guess I will have to watch the video to see all this evidence of substandard parts, and elimination of quality control processes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    These threads are so humorous. Anyone that has been around Colt ARs for more than 10 years knows the ONLY thing Colt is consistent with is being inconsistent!

I wish I still had the LE prefix LE6920 that I cut the tape box seals on ... just to find it had a non M4 marked upper or the one that came with a non-C marked BCG.

Not to mention the non-standard FCG pins of the early LE6920s ... and the semi-moon cut bolt carriers.

One of the Restricted Marked had a “W” marked barrel.

To entertain that Colt:

A) produces everything in house;
    B) never outsources for items they ALSO make in house;
    C) doesn’t just assemble rifles from whatever is sitting in the parts bin;
    D) doesn’t randomly change crap

Is ludicrous and shows your utter lack of knowledge about Colt ARs.

If someone is worried about the CR guns ... pay more for a LE gun.

... OR better yet ...

By an arguably more innovative product from KAC or LMT.

The Colt 6920 (does not matter which prefix) is a quality BASIC / BUDGET M4 style carbine. It is NOTHING more. There are no “Milspec” M4 Carbines in civilian hands. Colt’s ABC6920 is just a 16” M4 Cut Carbine Length Gas firearm with virtually no product improvement / innovation (stuff like mid-gas, ambi-lower, enhanced bolt, mono-upper, 45d gas port, straight gas tube, QC barrel, etc ... ).

If someone is REALLY worried about substandard parts ... buy something else.
    My Colt CCU has mid gas

My Colt Socom has some ambi parts,

My Colt Monolithic is a mono with a straight gas tube
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 05-12-21 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    My Colt CCU has mid gas

My Colt Socom has some ambi parts,

My Colt Monolithic is a mono with a straight gas tube
    But does your 6920 have any of that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    But does your 6920 have any of that?
    Does it matter lol? They all have 6920 M4 Carbine Lowers.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast