Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Did DOD contracts require specific sourcing of parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They had to meet the TDP.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    They had to meet the TDP.
    Are only certain suppliers TDP? I guess I’m not fully understanding something here. I’m not super up on things like contracts, but if a company like BCM that outsourced everything can be mil-spec by reverse-order engineering TDP, but Colt who doesn’t have to reverse engineer TDP can’t if they change their markings and suppliers? I’m not quite following what the animosity is here toward Colt.

Feedback Score
    Are only certain suppliers TDP? I guess I’m not fully understanding something here. I’m not super up on things like contracts, but if a company like BCM that outsourced everything can be mil-spec by reverse-order engineering TDP, but Colt who doesn’t have to reverse engineer TDP can’t if they change their markings and suppliers? I’m not quite following what the animosity is here toward Colt.

Animosity is an emotion and there is no animosity towards Colt in anything I have posted. I have several Colts and I like them a lot.

Their CR6920 product line no longer has to meet the TDP. When it did it gave the consumer some added assurance. Thats all.

Now Except for the Colt laser engraved lower the gun is not any different than a Aero Precision, Spikes, etc.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Animosity is an emotion and there is no animosity towards Colt in anything I have posted. I have several Colts and I like them a lot.

Their CR6920 product line no longer has to meet the TDP. When it did it gave the consumer some added assurance. Thats all.

Now Except for the Colt laser engraved lower the gun is not any different than a Aero Precision, Spikes, etc.
    In what ways does it not, when BCM is suggested to?

Other than markings, what QC has changed? I’m looking for specifics, I don’t want to buy a junk gun.

Feedback Score
    In what ways does it not, when BCM is suggested to?

Other than markings, what QC has changed? I’m looking for specifics, I don’t want to buy a junk gun.

BCM has not lost mil contracts to mass produce. Nor is BCM required to meet TDP. If they do thats on their own accord.

As far as Colt all that we know that has changed is that they are no longer required to meet the TDP. Understand that TDP is not just a mil-spec label. The TDP calls for manufacturing processes materials, dimensions, and a whole lot more.

Also I would not call a CR6920 junk. Its just that - that assurance that everything on a Colt (except the FCG) is the same as what the military has is no longer there.
    Last edited by prepare; 05-11-21 at 14:19.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score

CR6920

BCM has not lost mil contracts to mass produce. Nor is BCM required to meet TDP. If they do thats on their own accord.

As far as Colt all that we know what has changed is that they are no longer required to meet the TDP. Understand that TDP is not just a mil-spec label. The TDP call for manufacturing processes materials, dimensions, and a whole lot more.

Also I would not call a CR6920 junk. Its just that - that assurance that everything on a Colt (except the FCG) is the same as what the military has is no longer there.

When did Colt’s LE6920 and the early CR6920s from previous years, *have* to meet TDP? In what way was Colt forced to produce consumer guns that meet TDP? In what ways do we know they don’t meet TDP now? Did TDP require specific markings and changing those markings indicate TDP/non-TDP?

I was under the impression Colt hadn’t made US Military M4s in quite some time. How would we assume Colts were the same as the military if they weren’t buying Colts?

Until somebody can prove these guns aren’t quality, and aren’t following TDP as close as possible for a commercial gun, I won’t write them off, though I am watching closely.

Last edited by mRad; 05-11-21 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    When did Colt’s LE6920 and the early CR6920s from previous years, *have* to meet TDP? In what way was Colt forced to produce consumer guns that meet TDP? In what ways do we know they don’t meet TDP now? Did TDP require specific markings and changing those markings indicate TDP/non-TDP?

I was under the impression Colt hadn’t made US Military M4s in quite some time. How would we assume Colts were the same as the military if they weren’t buying Colts?
    How would we assume? Well, because they worked...oh. Well then. Here we are back at that whole thing.

These threads are always interesting, I appreciate mRad posting the above.

One question I would add... On LE6920’s, did Colt still have that non-TDP pocket thing that would require milling for full auto fire?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would only go into battle with:
    1) KAC
    2) Colt

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_JOSHUA View Post
    I would only go into battle with:
    1) KAC
    2) Colt
    3.) LMT

Getting back on topic, I’m going to wait and see how things turn out with Colt. I think it’s fair to say they don’t build them like they used to, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re junk rifles. The Roscoe barrel doesn’t scare me, as Roscoe builds good barrels. The mystery FCG isn’t much a concern, as I usually run a Geissele SSA-E in my guns. The lack of epoxy on the heat shield isn’t a concern either, as I like to run KAC quad rails on my carbines. As long at the base gun is GTG, I can overlook the minor details.

The price is the only thing I’d change. $1,250.00 is a bit steep for a basic carbine that might not be built to the TDP anymore.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 05-11-21 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post

One question I would add... On LE6920’s, did Colt still have that non-TDP pocket thing that would require milling for full auto fire?
    While in the gun room, I picked up a rifle with a factory Colt M4 Carbine lower assembly.....noticed that it has a serial number starting with CR, so threw the piece of shit into the closet so it can't do any harm.

I picked up another AR with M4 Carbine lower assembly, with a proper LE-prefix serial number....slid the takedown pin, and peered inside the lower to gaze upon the excess section of Aluminum behind the fire control group.

I really appreciate Brownell's offering us M4 Carbine lower assemblies for very reasonable prices a few years ago.
    Last edited by grizzman; 05-11-21 at 17:40.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast