Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    ]

I clicked on that video after posting, 42 min, I cant. Someone tell me what is the diff between the LE vs CR, in a nutshell.

PB
    Long story short:

Colt is cutting more and more corners every single day and subcontracting out a lot more parts than previously. These new '6920' carbines are NOT built entirely with Colt made parts like they used to be, parts / materials used for parts are NOT subject to the same testing requirements that they were previously. Since there are many non-Colt parts the markings are not what you would normally expect on a 6920.

When Colt did this same thing with their Expanse line of rifles (subcontracting several parts that were traditionally Colt made parts so they could save money and offer a less expensive rifle to the consumer) - The price of those carbines reflected the fact that it did not cost Colt as much to produce them. Colt saved money and the consumer saved money. Those Expanse rifles (with their sometimes greater number of subcontracted parts) were sold at 2 to 300 dollars LESS than their 6920 models which were made much closer to their mil-spec with most of the parts being marked as such.

Guys buying these CR prefix rifles are paying full blown, 'real' 6920 prices for rifles that are not 'real' 6920's in the way that most Colt buyers / collectors would expect. The 'discount' for the greater content of subcontracted parts has been discontinued...

As a Colt collector there is no way I would touch one of these at these current prices that Colt is asking for them.

The CR model Chris went over in the video was a shit show as far as the markings / subcontracted parts content. Gone are the days when a guy could buy a 6920 and reasonably expect that it was made on the same lines, the same exact way, and with the same exact parts that Colt uses on their military rifles...

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I looked at a few CR6920s yesterday and I think theyÂ’re the nicest Colts IÂ’ve ever seen in my two decades of messing with Colts.
    Lol!

Not if a guy is looking for the closest thing he can get to a Colt rifle made for the US military.

Feedback Score
    One thing he did not address on the original LE6920 line was the lowers. The gov contract M4 lowers and the LE6920 lowers did not come off the same line. The pockets are cut different.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Lol!

Not if a guy is looking for the closest thing he can get to a Colt rifle made for the US military.
    The only people worried about the tiniest markings are the Hoarders, Neckbeards, and Autistic Cloners on arfcom, and maybe two or three guys on Reddit.

The rest of the world doesn’t care.

As far as subcontractors and markings? Colt has always used subcontractors and they have always been inconsistent and unpredictable as to what and how things are marked. It’s irrelevant minutae. I’d rather have an unmarked Colt or White Oak upper than some Tier One Tackiness with white laser engraving on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    One thing he did not address on the original LE6920 line was the lowers. The gov contract M4 lowers and the LE6920 lowers did not come off the same line. The pockets are cut different.

Colt lowers are some of the farthest from a military lower, always have been. No selector stops, high shelf, and web.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The only people worried about the tiniest markings are the Hoarders, Neckbeards, and Autistic Cloners on arfcom, and maybe two or three guys on Reddit.

The rest of the world doesn’t care.
    If that were true then all of my parts from PSA would be worth exactly the same as properly marked Colt parts if I stuck them on Gunraper right now attempting to sell them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Long story short:

Colt is cutting more and more corners every single day and subcontracting out a lot more parts than previously. These new '6920' carbines are NOT built entirely with Colt made parts like they used to be, parts / materials used for parts are NOT subject to the same testing requirements that they were previously. Since there are many non-Colt parts the markings are not what you would normally expect on a 6920.

When Colt did this same thing with their Expanse line of rifles (subcontracting several parts that were traditionally Colt made parts so they could save money and offer a less expensive rifle to the consumer) - The price of those carbines reflected the fact that it did not cost Colt as much to produce them. Colt saved money and the consumer saved money. Those Expanse rifles (with their sometimes greater number of subcontracted parts) were sold at 2 to 300 dollars LESS than their 6920 models which were made much closer to their mil-spec with most of the parts being marked as such.

Guys buying these CR prefix rifles are paying full blown, 'real' 6920 prices for rifles that are not 'real' 6920's in the way that most Colt buyers / collectors would expect. The 'discount' for the greater content of subcontracted parts has been discontinued...

As a Colt collector there is no way I would touch one of these at these current prices that Colt is asking for them.

The CR model Chris went over in the video was a shit show as far as the markings / subcontracted parts content. Gone are the days when a guy could buy a 6920 and reasonably expect that it was made on the same lines, the same exact way, and with the same exact parts that Colt uses on their military rifles...
    Interesting.

Curious, do you have insight/direct knowledge of the Colt QA/QC process as it relates to the use of TDP specs and the outsourced parts they use, including the how they procure, test and install? Along those same lines, do you have additional knowledge of how other current manufacturers like BCM, SOLGW, LMT, DD, FN, LMT, KAC procure and handle their parts? Seriously, I’m asking the question how Colt may or may not be different as it pertains to outsourced parts. What Colt does have is 62 years of building the platform which most certainly has resulted in some lessons and processes in QA/QC, no?

I think using the Expanse is a really poor example. Some of the main parts, like the barrel, were not advertised or meant to be milspec. It truly was a budget rifle offered by Colt.

BTW, I really don’t care of your like or dislike of Colt or not. I really don’t. If your assertion is they are not the same quality because they are outsourcing parts, I’d like to know how you know that’s really the case. I did happen to fast forward to the end of the video when the guy says, more or less, he’s not sure if this all means the current Colts are of lesser quality.

For me, if I buy Colt spare parts and there are no specific markings (and I buy them from a trusted source) I’m still counting on Colt’s name and 62 years of QA/QC. Maybe that’s a mistake?

Lastly, may not be apples to apples, but the BOEING 787 is composed of about 40% or more outsourced parts from all over the world. They are a good case study for the benefits and potential drawbacks of outsourcing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Long story short:

How do we know that they aren’t performing QC? Because of different markings? Has this guy recently made it into the factory to see that changes in markings negate QC being performed? Seems to me it is purely speculation.

I’ve been in the market for a Colt 6920 for the kids. I finally found one to see in person. Here’s what I saw:

Inspected barrels, though marked differently. There was an R, assumed to be Roscoe.

Inspected bolts, marked MPI C

BCG marked C as older ones.

S-marked fire control.

Wonderful staking on the gas key and the end plate.

I couldn’t see anything that would indicate a poor quality rifle.

If that were true then all of my parts from PSA would be worth exactly the same as properly marked Colt parts if I stuck them on Gunraper right now attempting to sell them.
    I don’t think PSA is in the same ballpark. Inferior materials, lack of chrome-lining on most parts, poor staking it any, etc.

Feedback Score
    One of the most disappointing realities about Colt is the condition of the facility.
    It reminds me of the Ford Taurus Assembly plant in Atlanta Ga. Even though it boasted being the most efficient assembly plant in north America the reality was it was dilapidated, cobbled up, inefficient, poorly run, and not maintained. Ford shut it down in 2006 and by 2008 it was getting demolished. Now its a Porsche plant and CZ owns Colt.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Don't worry - an all new Bushmaster is on the way

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not anything eye opening or informative if you’ve been into and buying Colt ARs for any length of time.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone here have any CR6920s with appreciable use on them, say 5k-10k rounds or more?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast