Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I think the point made, was that buying an LE6920 meant buying a Colt rifle made with Colt parts, made to the same level of detail/QC that mil/LE guns got. They were worth the money Colt wanted for them because of that. The new CR6920 is assembled using a Roscoe barrel, and other subcontractor parts, and doesn’t have the same QC proof marks as the old mil/LE guns.

Does this mean the CR6920 is a bad gun?Is it worth the $1,200 asking price?
    They’ve always subcontracted out barrels and I don’t think they ever made receiver extensions or furniture.

In short, I think the only difference is the markings.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    They’ve always subcontracted out barrels and I don’t think they ever made receiver extensions or furniture.

In short, I think the only difference is the markings.
    P&S has made their furniture for years, and is a brand I trust. However he did mention that the heat shields weren’t epoxied at the corners like the mil/LE rifles were. This makes me wonder if they went with a more cost effective supplier. In the end it doesn’t matter much, as the handguards are usually tossed in the trash. The point, is that Colt is cutting corners, and charging the same price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    One thing of interest that was mentioned in the video was that in 2009 the ATF approved Colts request to eliminate the semi-auto bolt carrier.

Was this just a Colt thing? I was under the impression standard carriers were already approved and pretty much the norm?
    Anybody know when standard bolt carriers became the norm?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You mean vs the old semi auto neutered carriers, about 10 years ago in my estimation.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You mean vs the old semi auto neutered carriers, about 10 years ago in my estimation.

PB
    Chris said in the video Colt got approval to eliminate semi auto carriers in 2009. I thought the rest the industry had already made that move before 2009.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have a Colt LE6920, large pin, 2005 build and it came with a standard FA carrier. I’m not sure where some of you guys get your information.

Chris said in the video Colt got approval to eliminate semi auto carriers in 2009. I thought the rest the industry had already made that move before 2009.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Just grabbed a set of hand guards from my recent purchase of CR6920. I’m pretty sure that’s epoxy at the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    P&S has made their furniture for years, and is a brand I trust. However he did mention that the heat shields weren’t epoxied at the corners like the mil/LE rifles were. This makes me wonder if they went with a more cost effective supplier. In the end it doesn’t matter much, as the handguards are usually tossed in the trash. The point, is that Colt is cutting corners, and charging the same price.

Feedback Score

My 2004 or 2005 unit has a FA carrier. So does my 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t remember if my LE6920 hand guards have epoxy.....cause they immediately came off when the Magpul arrived, and they’ve been in a drawer since.

Unless you work for Colt, you can say anything you want about their processes, suppliers, etc, but I’m not going to believe you.

If you work for Colt....well, I don’t ever recall reading a post from. Colt employee here, with actual information (vs speculation).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I don’t remember if my LE6920 hand guards have epoxy.....cause they immediately came off when the Magpul arrived, and they’ve been in a drawer since.

Unless you work for Colt, you can say anything you want about their processes, suppliers, etc, but I’m not going to believe you.

If you work for Colt....well, I don’t ever recall reading a post from. Colt employee here, with actual information (vs speculation).
    My 2011 Colt I don’t recall seeing epoxy. I’m probably going to be taking it down soon so I’ll double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast