Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Unless you work for Colt, you can say anything you want about their processes, suppliers, etc, but I’m not going to believe you.

If you work for Colt....well, I don’t ever recall reading a post from. Colt employee here, with actual information (vs speculation).
    Can tell you did not watch the video and do not know where Chris used to work...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a nagging suspicion and checked some guns. Found 6ea 6920s, "M4 Carbine" markings, CR-prefix serials, FA BCG, no epoxy in HGs. These appear to be one of the transitional variants CB was talking about in the video. They are pool guns that get treated badly. Round counts are pretty low (<2500), but they get a lot of handling and dry-practice. I don't think they've ever been cleaned, just lubed, shot, and put away again. IIRC, they came with Magpul BUIS.

Some LE-prefix 6920s circa 2004-06 have epoxy and SA carriers. 2010-12 epoxy with FA carriers, same for 6720s from the same time period.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post

Let me guess from the replies so far:

This is a video by the former Colt guy Chris whatever his last name is. The video talks about “Colt quality” today and of the “good ole days”, rollmarks, C stamped bolt carrier markings and other identifying stamps and marks on parts AND, of course, COLT OUTSOURCING...

How’d I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much spot on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Can tell you did not watch the video and do not know where Chris used to work...
    What years did he work for Colt and who is he in communication with that works for Colt now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    No, I did not watch the video.

Yes, I do know where Chris USED to work. His employment with Colt ended numerous years ago, so he is not a Colt employee. I highly doubt someone within Colt's production management says to a co-worker....hey, we should reach out to Chris to tell him all about the changes we're making, so he can talk shit on us some more.

I removed the Colt handguards, which came on an LE6920FDE purchased late September of 2018. There is no epoxy to be found. It has a CR serial number.
    Last edited by grizzman; 05-03-21 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Broke down two brand new CR6920s at work. Found the trigger group didn’t have Schmid Tool proof marks on one of them, but the other one did. Kind of weird if you ask me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Broke down two brand new CR6920s at work. Found the trigger group didn’t have Schmid Tool proof marks on one of them, but the other one did. Kind of weird if you ask me...
    They obviously use more than one supplier for components. That was the point of the video, you don't know what your getting. Consistency is important!
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Very strange indeed. Never seen anything other than Schmid marked trigger parts in Colts personally.

On the bright side of things - As jacked up as these new Colt offerings seem I am pretty sure the value of everything Colt in my collection just went up!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are you guys sure you're not recycled Luger collectors?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isnt this the guy that was fired from Colt years ago? No chance of bias there........

Colt has always subcontracted parts.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast