Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CR6920

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yes, that’s the same guy. I think he has an axe to grind with Colt and the Military because of his past. Just my opinion though.

He lost all credibility with me when he started running his mouth about the MHS trials for the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Isnt this the guy that was fired from Colt years ago? No chance of bias there........

Colt has always subcontracted parts.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If the parts meet specifications, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    They obviously use more than one supplier for components. That was the point of the video, you don't know what your getting. Consistency is important!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    If the parts meet specifications, who cares?
    Exactly. No one bitches that the military uses more than one manufacturer for the M16 and M4. And I guarantee that FN doesn't make every single pin and spring of their rifles. No one cares that the KAC RAS rail on said rifles aren't all from KAC. If, and that's big IF, the subcontractors for these parts has changed, as long as they are good parts who cares?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Entertaining thread about not so much. A fun read, it is interesting the passion folks have for Colt, GOOD BAD OR UGLY, the passion is real.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Since Colt lost the mil contract they're no longer required to ensure all the outsourced components meet the same QC standards they were previously held to.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Since Colt lost the mil contract they're no longer required to ensure all the outsourced components meet the same QC standards they were previously held to.
    They never were required to for the rifles you and I buy, not does it mean they aren’t meeting those QC standards now just because the markings changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They still have mil contracts through the DOD
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    He hit on how they were NOT doing the same testing as before in the video because they were not required to but...

Many of these guys (CR prefix buyers) posting don't care to watch it or hear how they got ripped. Heads buried in the sand and all that. LOL!

As I said before - These guys got sold Expanse type rifles but paid the real deal 6920 price. (actually more because they bought at near the top of the market price wise thanks to the corona panic and Obiden being in office!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    They never were required to for the rifles you and I buy, not does it mean they aren’t meeting those QC standards now just because the markings changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The markings are not there 'just because'. They are there to SHOW that the parts met the standard.

Your unmarked parts are worth what any other unmarked parts are.

Let me know when the complete CR lowers start selling for the same price as LE lowers on gunraper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

CR6920

How do we “know” that Colt is no longer performing the same QC as before? How do we “know” exactly what the markings mean?

None of us work at Colt, so this whole thread is bullshit speculation.

No, I’m not a Colt fanboy. I bought a few when they were ridiculously inexpensive, not because they’re the pinnacle of the AR world (they’re not).
    Last edited by grizzman; 05-08-21 at 18:21.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast