Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 16" barreled "Do All" rifle / Build and Overview

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Weight of this weapon is 8lbs and 12 ounces.

Not light weight, but the balance on it is so good I would have guessed it was 7lbs.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Weight of this weapon is 8lbs and 12 ounces.

Not light weight, but the balance on it is so good I would have guessed it was 7lbs.
    Not exactly svelte, but not horrible. The reason I asked about weight is that I just finished building a 16” with a LPVO that weighed in at 8.1 pounds and wondered how it compared. It also seems well balanced.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    very nice! for my 16" do all I went with a CA CM4 with a rt6 atop. I couldn't be happier with it, very accurate and thus far has been utterly reliable. The only other 16" I own is a 6520 but not quite the same flavor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    very nice! for my 16" do all I went with a CA CM4 with a rt6 atop. I couldn't be happier with it, very accurate and thus far has been utterly reliable. The only other 16" I own is a 6520 but not quite the same flavor
    Did you go with a fixed stock, or opt for a carbine stock?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice one. I’d be happy with it.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did you go with a fixed stock, or opt for a carbine stock?
    carbine b5, I'll post a pic

I had the cerakote the barrel, swapped out for the colt buffer tube but they did a real nice job on mine and it's a laser. My range is only a tad shy of 400 but with the rt6, it's a simple and predicable point and shoot.

Of note, I've not tried any 75 or 77gr yet (these barrels, per Corrie, like those weights better) but with 55gr she's boooooringly accurate

https://imgur.com/a/5Y7A9HU

apologies, my pics are nowhere near as good as yours
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 12-31-22 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    carbine b5, I'll post a pic

I had the cerakote the barrel, swapped out for the colt buffer tube but they did a real nice job on mine and it's a laser. My range is only a tad shy of 400 but with the rt6, it's a simple and predicable point and shoot.

Of note, I've not tried any 75 or 77gr yet (these barrels, per Corrie, like those weights better) but with 55gr she's boooooringly accurate

https://imgur.com/a/5Y7A9HU

apologies, my pics are nowhere near as good as yours

Nice setup, I have a few like that as well.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice setup, I have a few like that as well.
    I love it, they make great stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12