Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Picatinny Rail Accessories in 2021

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Tango Down stubby QD VFG is my favorite. I like the VLTOR offset flashlight mount with old school Surefire flashlight

Old school is good by me.

PB
    That took me back to 2009, and it felt good.

The RHF4 which replaced a URX4 on my 12.5 has been one of the best changes to any rifle I've had. I won't poo poo the URX because it is an excellent handguard, but out of all the modular handguards I've been through, the only one worth reconsidering besides Centurion's CMR (which is what's on my 16" mid at the moment) would be the Troy Alpha. The Troy Alpha with a fixed front sight mounted behind a TLR-1 was one of the slickest and most well balanced rifles I've shot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    That took me back to 2009, and it felt good.

The RHF4 which replaced a URX4 on my 12.5 has been one of the best changes to any rifle I've had. I won't poo poo the URX because it is an excellent handguard, but out of all the modular handguards I've been through, the only one worth reconsidering besides Centurion's CMR (which is what's on my 16" mid at the moment) would be the Troy Alpha. The Troy Alpha with a fixed front sight mounted behind a TLR-1 was one of the slickest and most well balanced rifles I've shot.
    Thanks again for that URX 1075.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    As far as rails go, just old KAC RIS and some Centurion rails. I’ll use rail covers on the bottom rail, but ladders on all others.

Light mounts are mainly IWC and some Arisaka. I still like using VFGs, which consist of TD stubby grips and some KAC broom handles. My favored VFG, though, is an old cheap SIG grip that I cut down (badly) to the same size as the TD. It started as an experiment to see how far a $20 grip could go, it’s been beat up pretty good and still going.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I've always liked Gear Sector Scout mounts as well, but apparently they are no longer in business.
    Gear Sector is owned by ADM now. https://www.admmfg.com/search?q=gear...=true&isc=true
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    This is the first time in years that I've seen them available.

ETA: Of course now that I look for the scout light mount, it now has ADM's logo embellished in bright white paint on the side. Spray paint fixes everything I guess.
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 05-10-21 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Spook and 1168, gracias for the kind words. It is also one of those guns that the charging handle is buttery smooth, just a pleasure to bang on. I have several cheese graters and I still like them quite a bit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Spook and 1168, gracias for the kind words. It is also one of those guns that the charging handle is buttery smooth, just a pleasure to bang on. I have several cheese graters and I still like them quite a bit.

PB
    I concur with them, very solid setup indeed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123