Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picatinny Rail Accessories in 2021

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My go to carbine is a 6920 that wears a Daniel Defense Omega 7" Quad Rail. Since it already has QD sling mounts, I'm set with that. I added a Impact Weapons Components Haley Thorntail mount for a Surefire G2X WML and a TangoDown QD Stubby VFG. It fits me to a tee. There are no other accessories that I need to add to the rail that would improve my capabilities to fulfill my requirements. The DD Quad Rail is lightweight and solid. It's a good to go set up for a working gun.

Feedback Score
    For about 10 years I've been using an LMT Defender with a Centurion cutout rail, BCM handstop, and Magpul mount for the 6P. Stupid simple but works for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good old KAC RAS with the broom handle, M600V on a TREX suppressor mount. Absolutely glorious.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hand stops are BCM stubby vertical grips, One rifle has a Streamlight mounted forward of the FSB but it is a Troy Delta rail.

Curious to see what you guys are using for Light mounts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The trend seems to be that most people posting here use vert grips on their cheese graters. I wonder if that would hold in a MLok Accessories thread. I suspect not.

For light mounts, I’m partial to Arisaka, regardless of system. I have not yet played with the newer Surefire swivel mounts.
    I’ve got a couple sling mounts, and would use any of the QDs that are made by the usual quality brands. The older non-QD types can’t be effed up.
    Ladder covers. I’m nuts for them. I want to try the slightly thicker ones that are similarly rubbery. DD, I think.

Pretty much everything else just goes on top, except maybe on specific setups.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-08-21 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The trend seems to be that most people posting here use vert grips on their cheese graters. I wonder if that would hold in a MLok Accessories thread. I suspect not.
    I actually prefer not to use a vfg even though I do run them on most carbines. I prefer a c clamp grip and used it with both MLOK and 1913 rails up until a year or two ago. I have tennis elbow in my left elbow, rolling my wrist forward and gripping hard leads to my elbow barking at me after a couple mags. The solution is either surgery or run a vert grip, so the vert grip it is. I can shoot all day and not have any elbow pain with the vfg. It's really the only time my elbow gives me fits, it doesn't even bother me lifting weights.

Ladder covers. I’m nuts for them. I want to try the slightly thicker ones that are similarly rubbery. DD, I think.
    DD provides them with the MK18 uppers. I cut them in half and just run them where I grip the rail and used the other halves on another gun. They are definitely the best ladder rail covers I've ever used.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BCM stubby vert grip as a handstop, or arisaka finger stop.

Haley strategic thorntail mount for my PLHV2

Ladder covers

BCM picatinny QD mount

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Tango Down stubby QD VFG is my favorite. I like the VLTOR offset flashlight mount with old school Surefire flashlight

Old school is good by me.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-08-21 at 18:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I enjoyed this post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Tango Down stubby QD VFG is my favorite. I like the VLTOR offset flashlight mount with old school Surefire flashlight

PB
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    That is very nice! 👍

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast