Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My situation is hopeless

Feedback Score
    Since your'e capable of great things start by pulling your head out of your ass.

Are your thoughts absolutely true?

The problem is you believe your own BS thoughts. You cannot distinguish the truth from the repetitive drama. It sucks you in every time.

The hopelessness is your thoughts. Your'e creating the nightmare.

Step back and observe the horror film thats playing in your head and see it for what it is.

Here is a little clue, thoughts are not reality...
    Last edited by prepare; 05-04-21 at 07:21.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have 4 kids with Autism - they amaze me every day with their abilities. Being able to live on their own, in their own house, though? That's NOT one of them. You're already so MUCH further ahead in life than you realize.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Don't be a f***** quitter. Don't say you give up. You are in a stage of emotional grief over something you think you can't control, you are not done. You call yourself a failure, well me too. I've got lungs of a 55 year old smoker at the age of 35, my hearing is gone, I'm going to need knee replacements in the next 10 years, I'm over weight and i'm going bald. I grew up without a dad, my mom was never around I've failed at college, I failed at boot camp, I failed in what was at the time the most meaningful relationship of my life and yet here I am. I graduated from college, I was meritoriously promoted in boot camp, and I've been married for over 10 years, I'm back in the gym with a trainer killing it. I failed, I'm going to fail again, but the ultimate failure is not learning from my mistakes, and realizing that I am my own worst enemy and also my biggest champion.
    Stop trying to blame your issues on something larger than yourself, because ultimately you are the one making it a problem.

Here is the good news, people are here to help. You need to realize that if you ask for it, people will step up to help, but you need to be ready to accept it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    when I was 14 my parents had a sit down that concluded with it ain't us sunshine it's you then booted me to the curb, only took me another 14 years to conclude that they were right. welcome to adulthood it sucks, time to put your man pants on and grind some wine off your nose to go with the cheese off life. my place is a pit as well, the adults in my life are dying, down to my last aunt, just had shoulder surgery and barely escaped ending up in a nursing home post surgery due to adverse reaction to anaesthesia. there is always some one who has it legitimately worse than you or I. I was blessed with a nursing team that pulled together and made the sacrifice to rub my chest to keep me breathing, also blessed by an anesthesiologist who helped secure me a cpap so I could recover at home. your blessed by still having a mom who cares. took care of my mother for a year and she was occasionally my mama, other times a mean nasty bitch that I cared for. sitting and crying don't pay the bills and yes posting your woes upon the forum is a indicator that you to speak face to face with a professional. there are definitely a large quantity of adults on this forum across the age spectrum but they aren't equipped to take you the next step. I advise clean your place in parcels instead of all at once, if you have the coin take your mom to breakfast at least once a week at worst twice a month enjoy her company as I did when my mama was present

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Go seek help from a professional mental health doctor. None of us on here can help you beyond offering mostly empty words and stories about our own kids and selves that are mostly irrelevant to you and your situation.

Get help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You made it this far in life, and now it’s a problem?

I will tell you something. Whatever it is you think you want in life will not make you happy once you get it.
    Uhh, no. You would be wrong.

I was pretty damn happy once I finally bagged that neighbor lady I had that was a stripper back in the day at the apartments. Even more happy after she started coming over more 'regularly'...

To this day I still get a big ass smile thinking about how when she would come over unexpectedly and find I had my mud-duck girlfriend there already she would ask to borrow a cup of sugar or some eggs and then take her ass back to her place (until mud-duck girl left).

Feedback Score
    Hopefully this doesn’t come off as dickish, because it’s not meant to be, but I believe we’re all dealt a hand of cards when we’re born. Some folks get great hands, some get the worst hands. You have 2 choices. Do you stare at your bad hand of cards, curse them, and feel sorry for yourself? Or do you decide to play that hand and try your best to win with it?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    You make these threads quite often on here and take none of the advice ever given to you. You need professional help, immediately, not a forum. Please, seek it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup....caring what people think more than what is good for you will f*ck you almost every time. If people care for you, they would want what is best for you and vice versa. You do you...get a grip on things....smile and laugh a little...then think of others. You cannot truly love others in a healthy way without first loving yourself....and that is seriously lacking right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    You make these threads quite often on here and take none of the advice ever given to you. You need professional help, immediately, not a forum. Please, seek it.
    Why do I need help? 30+ years of the worse bullying you can imagine, various other issues, but I keep slugging along without a shrink. Let me just put it this way: modern medicine is killing society and I’m not going to sees gotdamn liberal ass shrink. The medical system can suck my dick.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast