Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
Why do I need help? 30+ years of the worse bullying you can imagine, various other issues, but I keep slugging along without a shrink. Let me just put it this way: modern medicine is killing society and I’m not going to sees gotdamn liberal ass shrink. The medical system can suck my dick.
Then keep whining. If you're going to refuse to get any help, than my empathy meter hovers at zero. There's gents here and gents and ladies I know, who have been through more than you and I can imagine, who have found great benefits in therapy, and other approaches, such as mindful meditation, etc., and in some cases, meds. Your entire position on that is wrong. I'm sure you have had it difficult in your own right, but as someone who has had cancer three times, a stent in my heart, has to take thyroid meds forever, been shot at, slept on park benches a few times, etc, I understand PTSD, depression, etc, and how easy it is to go down a black hole of woe that feels like there's no return from it, but I also know others who have had it far worse (there's always someone who had it worse...), who work - cuz it takes work - to stay out of that hole. There are days when it seems hopeless, and there are days when it seems pretty ok, but the fact is, most may never get to OK without help.

So, if your attitude is you don't need help, and want to keeping "slugging along" that's fine, but don't whine here about then.