Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My situation is hopeless

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Why do I need help? 30+ years of the worse bullying you can imagine, various other issues, but I keep slugging along without a shrink. Let me just put it this way: modern medicine is killing society and I’m not going to sees gotdamn liberal ass shrink. The medical system can suck my dick.
    Then keep whining. If you're going to refuse to get any help, than my empathy meter hovers at zero. There's gents here and gents and ladies I know, who have been through more than you and I can imagine, who have found great benefits in therapy, and other approaches, such as mindful meditation, etc., and in some cases, meds. Your entire position on that is wrong. I'm sure you have had it difficult in your own right, but as someone who has had cancer three times, a stent in my heart, has to take thyroid meds forever, been shot at, slept on park benches a few times, etc, I understand PTSD, depression, etc, and how easy it is to go down a black hole of woe that feels like there's no return from it, but I also know others who have had it far worse (there's always someone who had it worse...), who work - cuz it takes work - to stay out of that hole. There are days when it seems hopeless, and there are days when it seems pretty ok, but the fact is, most may never get to OK without help.

So, if your attitude is you don't need help, and want to keeping "slugging along" that's fine, but don't whine here about then.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Alcohol is always an option. Probably a better option than continually posting these types of thoughts on an open public discussion board. Especially when you seem intent on not looking for solutions or following some generous advice given out by strangers.

Best of luck, hope you’re able to work towards a positive solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Victor Frankle used to ask his patients; "why don't you kill yourself?"

Some people just want to be miserable. Why else would you pay so much attention to whats wrong with your life instead of whats good and what you can work on or towards?

Here's another clue; it has very little to do with your situation/circumstances and has much more to do with you.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Why do I need help? 30+ years of the worse bullying you can imagine, various other issues, but I keep slugging along without a shrink. Let me just put it this way: modern medicine is killing society and I’m not going to sees gotdamn liberal ass shrink. The medical system can suck my dick.
    Then tap the fuxx out. Can't recall where the quote came from, but "either get busy living or get busy dying".
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Since you didn't ask me for advice I'll simply remind you of your own words so that you might find your own answers that brought you from then to now.

April 2019:
    It also has taken me years of intense self reflection to get my head on straight without seeing a shrink...

Two years later:
    My situation is hopeless. I wish I had never been born. I keep slugging along without a shrink...

Feedback Score
    I got no problem with you posting if you need a pep talk here and there. When folks got serious problems they could use some good positive words. And if that’s the case maybe just be upfront about and say you could use a good pep talk. But everyone needs the proverbial line in the sand when it comes to needing to talking to a professional. Draw that line and when you cross it go.

One thing I’ve seen as a LEO in 15 years of being in random peoples homes and lives is just about everyone has problems. It’s near impossible to make it through life without any. Life is sometimes like a card game. Sometimes you can turn some cards in for some new ones. Sometimes you can’t. Just don’t get jealous of the next guys hand if it’s better than yours. And there are gonna be folks that have a worse hand than you.

If you’re looking for stories of people persevering just ask. I’ve got plenty. Just keep battling through it. Are you exercising much? That’s the best way to fight through it. It’s hard to feel depressed after a good workout. And remember, quitters suck.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Why dismiss it out of hand? I’ve been seeing a counselor for about the last 10 years. I was hesitant at first, but I can tell you it is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Did it solve all of my problems? Not by a long shot, but I’m happier and healthier that I was before going. No meds involved, but improved strategies / techniques for interacting with others and dealing with stress. Sleep, diet and exercise improvements have also happened because of the counseling.

If you break your arm you go to see a medical doctor. Why wouldn’t you go see a professional when when you have mental health / social concerns? Be open to the possibility that it will work.

Feedback Score
    A walk in the woods with Coondog is the best therapy for me.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-05-21 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    So my house is a nightmare. Mom was over today and about broke out in tears and wishes I would have some fun once in a while. Well, we got to talking and I spilled the beans about having an auditory processing disorder and the likely hood of me ever having friends was about zero.

She wants the best for me, but I continually fail. I don’t care but seeing her hurt because of my circumstances absolutely crushes me.

Truth be told, I wish I had never been born. Suicide is 100% wrong. I don’t know why. I didn’t ask to be brought into this world. It ****ing kills me seeing my mom unhappy because I’ve my shortcomings which I work so hard to address. It ****ing kills me even more because she wants to blame herself.

I end this post with this: **** the medical system. The medical system tired pushing me adderall as a kid. Turns out it’s not adhd, it’s an auditory processing disorder that mimics the symptoms of adhd. There would have been a slight hope to outgrow this if doctors considered it.
    I am pretty much in the same boat and life is not the big things it is a sum of the microscopic things.

Feedback Score
    I’ll be the dickhead.

You don’t like your life, change it. If you’re fat, get off your lazy ass and go get some work in. You’re not happy with your financial situation get a better job. Get a second job or go back to school. Your wife or girlfriend left you, good, there’s hundreds of thousands of women out there, find another one, find a better one. Everyone and I mean absolutely everyone has problems. Some are a lot worse than yours. Everyone’s going to have struggles in life. This thing where everyone wants a pity party bullshit is getting a real ****ing old. Most importantly if you truly need help go ****ing get it. Be man enough to accept that you have an issue and go address it and then move on. If you wanna roll around in your own shit, do it quietly.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn’t get any better.My concerns and worries at 43 make my problems at 25 look like a bunch of rinky-dink bullshit. Which they absolutely were. I suppose if you’re lucky to live long enough that you get put into a rest home you don’t have as much to worry about. At that point your biggest concerns are you don’t get abused by some methed out CNA and you don’t die.
    Last edited by Vic79; 05-05-21 at 17:13.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast