Thread: RDS high mounts compatible with BUIS

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

RDS high mounts compatible with BUIS

What high mounts (e.g. 1.93") are compatible with BUIS? I realize the guys who originally started doing high mounts were clearing lasers, etc, and BUIS weren't a priority for them. I'm currently looking at the Scalarworks LEAP/01 with the T-2 at 1.93, but don't want a combo that voids my BUIS. I'm aware of the Unity Tactical FAST, but curious if you can see through the Scalarworks mount.

Feedback Score
    The Scalarworks is not compatible with standard height BUIS.

They're not QD, but realistically, if you have time to flip up the sights, you probably have time to also remove the Scalarworks mount. Alternatively, use offset sights.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    What high mounts (e.g. 1.93") are compatible with BUIS? I realize the guys who originally started doing high mounts were clearing lasers, etc, and BUIS weren't a priority for them. I'm currently looking at the Scalarworks LEAP/01 with the T-2 at 1.93, but don't want a combo that voids my BUIS. I'm aware of the Unity Tactical FAST, but curious if you can see through the Scalarworks mount.
    The only tall mounts I'm aware of that allow for use of standard BUIS are the Unity FAST mount (2.26") and the KAC High Rise mount (2.33"). The Unity mount has windage/elevation adjustable irons (front and rear) built-in below the optic, which results in a very short radius; however, it's easier to make hits than one would think. That said, the front post is removable, which allows for the use of any normal front iron mounted to the rail. Even better: when running an Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier in Unity's corresponding magnifier mount, I absolutely can use the iron sights without removing the magnifier so long as the magnifier is in the up position (I've seen a couple of posts to the contrary, but I literally looked through it a minute ago and it is possible). The Unity FAST system really is a better mousetrap, IMO.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ^^^This. The Unity FAST mount is what I was thinking, good stuff.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a unity fast micro and it's king. But at one point I used a Holosun with their 1.63" on a riser and you could see through the holosun mount at standard sight height.

The riser was either 5/8" like Wilcox or 2/3" like the unity fast riser. I don't remember which.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk