Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk18 zero range

Feedback Score

Mk18 zero range

So I zeroed my new Mk18 10.3 inch build yesterday at 25 yards since my indoor range goes to 30. I was wondering what the next zero point on a 25 yard zero shooting 55 grain xm193. I tried to find the 25 zero online for a 10.3 but wasn’t successful and I was just wondering what that zero looks like over distance. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What’s your optic height? With Ballistic AE, inputting 2650fps with Litz G7 for a Sierra 55 FMJBT, I get a far zero of 293, 318, 338 for absolute, lower third, and NV, respectively. Using BC data from M193 drops ~5yds from each with the same velocity.

I estimated 2650 based on Eagle_19er from TOS chrono thread. Using 2600fps drops roughly 10yds from far zero.

These sound rather optimistic. Anyone have real DOPE for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    So I zeroed my new Mk18 10.3 inch build yesterday at 25 yards since my indoor range goes to 30. I was wondering what the next zero point on a 25 yard zero shooting 55 grain xm193. I tried to find the 25 zero online for a 10.3 but wasn’t successful and I was just wondering what that zero looks like over distance. Thank you.

RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I’m running an absolute cowitness mount on my red dot

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m running an absolute cowitness mount on my red dot

Given that height, I’d believe 275yds enough to make it my starting point for testing. Before I punched anything in earlier, I expected an output of 250, though. It would be sweet to know the actual velocity you have.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    My second zero point should be at 275 yards?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, that is the approximate 2nd zero crossing point.

Knowing the actual velocity will eliminate one variable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My second zero point should be at 275 yards?

Based on what the ballistic calc spat out after I punched numbers and played with a couple variables, yes, your far zero should be 275-290yds. We can get closer if we can find either your exact velocity, or maybe through some other guys that actually shoot m193 from a Mk18 (why do you, btw?) at medium ranges. You’ll of course have to shoot it yourself if you must be sure.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Based on what the ballistic calc spat out after I punched numbers and played with a couple variables, yes, your far zero should be 275-290yds. We can get closer if we can find either your exact velocity, or maybe through some other guys that actually shoot m193 from a Mk18 (why do you, btw?) at medium ranges. You’ll of course have to shoot it yourself if you must be sure.
    Alright based off of that information do you think that a 25 yard zero is a good set up for a gun like that that will be used mostly for just up close?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Alright based off of that information do you think that a 25 yard zero is a good set up for a gun like that that will be used mostly for just up close?

Define “up close”. A 50 yd zero will keep point of impact closer to point of aim for further. But, out to 100, it probably doesn’t matter, given 12” targets. You can hit smaller targets, you’d just have to hold low. That would be much less concern with a 50yd zero.
    E46FE5E0-456D-4C4A-8205-2C350CCCAB30.png
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Define “up close”. A 50 yd zero will keep point of impact closer to point of aim for further. But, out to 100, it probably doesn’t matter, given 12” targets. You can hit smaller targets, you’d just have to hold low. That would be much less concern with a 50yd zero.
    E46FE5E0-456D-4C4A-8205-2C350CCCAB30.png
    Is that chart for a 25 yard zero? Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast