Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s not a good idea to gate crash Langley

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yes, I remember that incident and when I saw it in the OP I was like "Is this dude trippin' from nearly 30 years ago?" Didn't realize some other idiot got violent there recently. You would think that the CIA would be one of the most guarded CONUS facilities we have.

As an aside, I can't believe it was 1993 when the first incident occurred. Getting old I guess.
    Langley is very secure inside. But on the outside it’s ultimately just an office building with a massive parking lot.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yes, I remember that incident and when I saw it in the OP I was like "Is this dude trippin' from nearly 30 years ago?" Didn't realize some other idiot got violent there recently. You would think that the CIA would be one of the most guarded CONUS facilities we have.

As an aside, I can't believe it was 1993 when the first incident occurred. Getting old I guess.
    Crazy it has been that long ago. I worked as a SPO there from 94 to 98 and was hired directly because of the Kansi shooting. There was quite alot of money for training and equipment when I was there. They were some of the best trained people I've worked with. I would imagine it is still the same. I worked at HQ until I started traveling a lot. I would estimate we had 3 to 4 emotionally disturbed people show up every week at the main gate. The stupid Metro bus would drop them off right at the visitor center. I'm shocked it has been so long since another Kansi incident. The NSA had a shooting at their gate a few years ago but that was a carjacking suspect that took the wrong exit and got lit up at the gate. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    O-tay, another FBI instigated "terror plot" foiled. Otherwise why was the FBI even there, be interested to know if the Agent was in the car with the "bad guy".

"The FBI is also set to review the shooting incident as it involved a special agent."
    It was a standoff, he had been there a few hours. FBI would have jurisdiction at a Federal facility.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I mean, is somebody really worked up about the CIA not being active CONUS?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This has already disappeared from the news.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Our FINE, British, media, on top of things again.

Mentally disturbed man was wielding a sword and told FBI agents he had a bomb when he was fatally shot trying to drive into CIA headquarters

Roy Gordon Cole died following the incident outside the gates of the CIA's HQ on Monday
    The FBI announced Cole's death at 12:37pm Tuesday
    CIA security officers were said to have been negotiating with Cole while he remained in his car for several hours
    FBI agents reportedly shot him after he got out the car and brandished a weapon
    Cole suffered from apparent mental illness and was previously known to CIA security because he had tried to drive into its heavily guarded facility before

STILL no picture of Cole anywhere, so I'm guessing he's a DLDM (dumbass lives DON'T matter) sort.

And then there's THIS hilarity - https://gunmemorial.org/2021/05/03/roy-gordon-cole
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12